RIP Yassar Arafat

Diso

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're paranoid. You might also be right, but you're not supposed to assume the worst. ;)

I am always on the side of oppressed populations. Therefore I consider myself strongly leaning to the Palestinian side in the debate over who has more legitimate grievances in Palestine/Israel. As such, Arafat curdled my blood. He is single-handedly the cause of so much death it isn't funny. A life of "service" doesn't excuse this - he made choices, knowingly, that killed people. Bad leader. Bad man. Not worth the RIP.

You're paranoid. You might also be right, but you're not supposed to assume the worst. :P

I am always on the side of oppressed populations. Therefore I consider myself strongly leaning to the Palestinian side in the debate over who has more legitimate grievances in Palestine/Israel. As such, Arafat curdled my blood. He is single-handedly the cause of so much death it isn't funny. A life of "service" doesn't excuse this - he made choices, knowingly, that killed people. Bad leader. Bad man. Not worth the RIP.

Actually , Yasser Arafat did all he could to stop the terrorist atacks. Sure, he was originally a member of the PLO so technically a terrorist, by that standard Ariel Sharon was a terrorist. Arafat was just scapegoated by Bush because Bush didn't want the roadmap to peace, or at least he wanted peace only in a way that would benefit Israel as much as possible, so he needed an excuse not to negotiate with Palestine. Crunk, crunk, crunk goes the propaganda division, and suddenly Arafat is the worst terrorist in the world next to bin Laden. And 97% of Americans fell for it, surprise surprise.

Edited by random guy