Could this be the end of Winamp?

Gryph

Death Knell Sounds for Nullsoft, Winamp

The last members of the original Winamp team have said goodbye to AOL and the door has all but shut on the Nullsoft era, BetaNews has learned.

This is indeed sad news, Winamp is bar none the best music player. I've been using it for years and will probably continue to use it for years to come.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

amen to that! i used to prefer musicmatch jukebox but then the updates got too much like I tunes and i hate I tunes it makes my pc lag! I LOVE WINAMP!!!

- inappropriate link -

Edited by GameCop

meh...

I hope all those times i stole the newest Winamp version of BitTorrent didn't contribute to Nullsoft's untimely death... ;)

Good ol' Winamp. I ain't changing it to any other music player.

I think it's time to update to the latest version and then create a shine on my comp.

Edited by Agozer

One more reason to hate AOL, as if the rest of the internet needs anymore. Anyone else remember when they bought up the best damn instant messenger on the net, Mirabilis' ICQ? It wasn't long before that was destroyed also. An interesting quote:

"In addition to its international reach, ICQ has tremendous appeal among young, technically sophisticated Web users and there is remarkably little overlap with AOL."

-America Online President and Chief Operating Officer Bob Pittman

Winamp was getting bloaty in its later forms, maybe it was time for it to go. The question now is, what's next? Someone with enough programming experience will be angry at its demise. We can only hope.

Edited by Daeval