Could this be the end of Winamp?

Gryph

I think the least they should do to give it an horourable death is to opensource it. It might revive the whole project.

or an old school final 2.9x release. open-source route would be better though in my opinion.

Give me 5 anyday. 3 was disastrous, few people would disagree. But in classic-skin mode, I don't honestly see any difference significant. between 2 and 5.

Classic mode is the best, I can't stand Winamp 3 and it's new flashy crap. But if you think about it, what more could have been done to Winamp? Hell, I thought the earlier Winamp 2.x hit the nail right in the head.

Winamp! It really whips the llama's ass!

Amen, winamp 2.x was the pinnacle.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the least they should do to give it an horourable death is to opensource it. It might revive the whole project.

or an old school final 2.9x release. open-source route would be better though in my opinion.

Give me 5 anyday. 3 was disastrous, few people would disagree. But in classic-skin mode, I don't honestly see any difference significant. between 2 and 5.

Classic mode is the best, I can't stand Winamp 3 and it's new flashy crap. But if you think about it, what more could have been done to Winamp? Hell, I thought the earlier Winamp 2.x hit the nail right in the head.

Winamp! It really whips the llama's ass!

Amen, winamp 2.x was the pinnacle.

Truth. But with Windows XP, I've grown into 5's Modern skin. Preferences change with time I guess, but as you said, 2 was the pinnacle.