Halo 2 Vs. Typical High School Stupidity

Shibathedog

Finally remembered that game... It was Outcast.

Ah yes!! That game ruled! It was really ahead of its time.

Yep, it did even use any kind of hardware acceleration; just raw voxel calculations... and that made many rigs cry in pain.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best thing about it is that it wasn't on the PC.  But Halo 2 flocking owns.  And it has online play, which defeats all purpose of using an actual PC rather than a console to play a FPS.

Well.. except for the potentially superior graphics, mouse + keyboard control, and unsurpassed level of additional user-made content, including TC mods that amount to free online games.

Granted, the graphics may not be a big deal for you, and you may not prefer a mouse + keyboard (which is crazy talk, but to each his own), or you may have a mouse + keyboard for the XBox. But, you can't dispute the extra content, except to make an extremely generalized "it all sucks" statement, which would just be stubborn. :P

Both PC and consoles have their ups and downs, but neither is entirely eclipsed by the other.

"Potentially" is the key word on graphics. I do prefer a mouse and keyboard, which IS available, if you really want one. And the extra content all sucks. :lol: No, some of the extra content is good. The biggest problems with PC games is the amount and cost of the equipment required to run them. An XBox, the game, a controller, and a 12 month LIVE subscription kit, costs about 300 dollars. A reasonably usable gaming PC costs at least 400. Which is what I paid for mine. But then, it was missing a monitor, windows software, speakers, a mouse & keyboard...and I STILL haven't gotten it working, because getting them working requires knowledge the masses don't have. Computers are too variable to find a good tutorial on how to get one running, and most forums tend to overwhelm new users. I'd try asking here, but I don't even know what I'd need to ask.

And thanks for the Voxel info.

But you can use computers for things other than play games. My computer is like a multimedia system in that I watch all my movies on there (DVDs, etc...) because I prefer the extra 35hz refresh rate I get on a monitor (80hz compared to 50 for tvs). And because of the faster refresh rate, even a direct port from xbox to pc is going to look nicer, and the pc is far more cutting edge graphics wise anyway. Computers are easy to get running, just rtfm. Mouse and keyboard are infinitely better and you'd have them anyway so you don't need to buy them just for the xbox.

I'm sure you could draw up a list that counters my list, and then I could deaw up a list to counter that. Basically, I guess, it all comes down to preference.

edit: Whoops about the voxel thing. I confused "Voxal" with "vector"

Edited by random guy

The best thing about it is that it wasn't on the PC.  But Halo 2 flocking owns.  And it has online play, which defeats all purpose of using an actual PC rather than a console to play a FPS.

Well.. except for the potentially superior graphics, mouse + keyboard control, and unsurpassed level of additional user-made content, including TC mods that amount to free online games.

Granted, the graphics may not be a big deal for you, and you may not prefer a mouse + keyboard (which is crazy talk, but to each his own), or you may have a mouse + keyboard for the XBox. But, you can't dispute the extra content, except to make an extremely generalized "it all sucks" statement, which would just be stubborn. :P

Both PC and consoles have their ups and downs, but neither is entirely eclipsed by the other.

"Potentially" is the key word on graphics. I do prefer a mouse and keyboard, which IS available, if you really want one. And the extra content all sucks. :lol: No, some of the extra content is good. The biggest problems with PC games is the amount and cost of the equipment required to run them. An XBox, the game, a controller, and a 12 month LIVE subscription kit, costs about 300 dollars. A reasonably usable gaming PC costs at least 400. Which is what I paid for mine. But then, it was missing a monitor, windows software, speakers, a mouse & keyboard...and I STILL haven't gotten it working, because getting them working requires knowledge the masses don't have. Computers are too variable to find a good tutorial on how to get one running, and most forums tend to overwhelm new users. I'd try asking here, but I don't even know what I'd need to ask.

But you can use computers for things other than play games. My computer is like a multimedia system in that I watch all my movies on there (DVDs, etc...) because I prefer the extra 35hz refresh rate I get on a monitor (80hz compared to 50 for tvs). And because of the faster refresh rate, even a direct port from xbox to pc is going to look nicer, and the pc is far more cutting edge graphics wise anyway. Computers are easy to get running, just rtfm. Mouse and keyboard are infinitely better and you'd have them anyway so you don't need to buy them just for the xbox.

I'm sure you could draw up a list that counters my list, and then I could deaw up a list to counter that. Basically, I guess, it all comes down to preference.

What's rtfm?

What's rtfm?

Read The F*cking Manual

What's rtfm?

Read The F*cking Manual

I did read the manual, that's how I got it together in the first place.

What's rtfm?

Read The F*cking Manual

I did read the manual, that's how I got it together in the first place.

I thought you said it wasn't working?

Damn long quotes.

It isn't working. It's together, I put windows on it. Twice. I keep getting errors for some reason. Now, an issues completely unrelated to anything else at all. The CD Drive stopped reading CDs. Worthless piece of crap. That's one of the things I didn't buy new though.

Hahaha... this is funny

These kids are from high school right? Meaning under 18. No curfew???

WTF?

It just shows you how much parents care nowadays. The future as we know it is screwed.

Im in collage, and many, I mean MANY people i know went to the halo 2 party in SF, bought the game, got drunk, and went to see the incredibles....in one night, and they still showed up for school.

As for the HS kids, they should have no business being up late, staying at home and playing games.

No excuse.

Hahaha... this is funny

These kids are from high school right?  Meaning under 18.  No curfew???

WTF?

It just shows you how much parents care nowadays.  The future as we know it is screwed.

Im in collage, and many, I mean MANY people i know went to the halo 2 party in SF, bought the game, got drunk, and went to see the incredibles....in one night, and they still showed up for school.

As for the HS kids, they should have no business being up late, staying at home and playing games.

No excuse.

If a kid here does such thing, they will be disown! :thumbsup1:

Hahaha... this is funny

WTF?

It just shows you how much parents care nowadays.  The future as we know it is screwed.

No excuse.

Hehe, yeah, that's what I was thinking when I was reading that. I would never skip school just for a game, even if it was Duke Nukem Forever.

Hahaha... this is funny

WTF?

No excuse.

Hehe, yeah, that's what I was thinking when I was reading that. I would never skip school just for a game, even if it was Duke Nukem Forever.

Dun tell me you are still waiting for that dud?!? :thumbsup1: