25Gb Corndisk?

Mmmm bust out the salsa con queso! (Seriously, could you not see yourself having a Blu-Ray burner one day, and mistakenly eating one of your discs while sitting at the computer? I know I could!)

FYI Sony and some other company have also created a Blu-Ray disc made from PAPER, and you can cut it with scissors to destroy it. How ingenious. NOT! Talk about easy to damage.

FYI Sony and some other company have also created a Blu-Ray disc made from PAPER, and you can cut it with scissors to destroy it. How ingenious. NOT! Talk about easy to damage.

I don't think they ever suggested them for practical everyday use. They're more for sensetive information that needs to be temporarily made available on disk and then destroyed.

I never realized how cool that site was for news. This is awesome: http://dsc.discovery.com/news/briefs/20041018/brain.html

you can make discs out of anything, as long as it's sensitive enough to cut the fine grooves for the laser (especially the precise new blue laser) to read. There was an article in the magazine New Scientist:

New Scientist Online: Super-Tough Coating for LCDs and Disks

which discussed the use of transparent silica-polymer resin that can be used to coat DVDs and LCD screens to make them scratch-resistant.

Also on the horizon are self-destructing DVDs that release chemicals that cool in the grooves and make the disk unplayable. This has applications in rentals, promos, etc. Unfortunately, New Scientist already determined that the current disks are heat-sensitive, so keeping it in your fridge extends it life by at least a factor of 5

cool stuff on the horizon, eh?

Corn? What Are They Going To Do? Make 'Em Out Of Old News Papers?

And I See This Vary Dumb, For Example:

Me:OMG YOU F UCKING IDIOT YOU SPILLED SODA ON MY DISK!

Friend: Its Only Soda,...

Disk: I"M MELTING! MELLLLTTTING!