What's the best Music creator for the PC?

I was just wondering which the best music maker for the PC is as I am thinking of getting one. I only really know about Ejay, but I want to know which is the best one. I would like one that is quite easy to do the basics (similar to Music for the PlayStation, Ejay or MTV music Generator). One with lots of riffs/sounds is very important to me because lots of tracks I created in Music for the PS sounded alike as they used the same riffs. I wouldn't mind it being a little complex with a lot of features, but I don't really want one that professionals use.

I decided to put this topic in current affairs because people who don't only know technical PC stuff might know.

Thanks

Edited by shin_nihon_kikaku

I don't know what the "best" is, but I do know that Fruity Loops can do anything you'd want it to do (create custom riffs, add synchopated drumbeats, add effects like distortion, wah, flanger etc all in the form of virtual pedals, etc. etc. etc.), and it's also really easy and intuitive to do it.

Thanks for the info, I'll look into that one. :P

Anyone else know anything about music creators?

Not sure what you mean by "music creator"

If you want a sequencer (stitch audio pieces together) then I'll recommend Acid. I never used Cool Edit but it is also a good product.

If you're talking about samplers, sythensizers, etc.. then yes, Fruity Loops would be a good program to start out. I've personally used Reason; it really isn't meant for "n00bies" but it is very versatile. There is a GPL program but I can't remember the name of it.

Thanks for the replies guys.

And Dreamnid, by music creator I meant something similar to Ejay or Music for the PlayStation. I'm sure I already mentioned this in my first post.

Has anyone used Magix Music Creator, and if so, is it any good.

Fruity Loops seems to be a small install (around 50mb) so I don't think it will have many samples (riffs) included. Is Fruity Loops only for importing riffs from your own collection or is there a lot of riffs as in ejay (50mbs doesn't sound much)?

Please get back to me. Thanks

Sorry - triple post.

I tried Fruity Loops and it's cr@p. It only makes MIDIs. I want something that can create proper music like Ejay or something better. Any suggestions?