More WWE stars cut - 10 released this week

L.S.D

We have even more details on the TNA 'invasion' of WWE yesterday in Orlando, Florida. The WWE crew with RAW and SmackDown! superstars were dressed up like gangs feuding in the "West Side Story." Former WWE producer David Sahadi got together some of the crew from TNA and had Traci Brooks come out with cookies for the WWE crew. Abyss followed her out with some balloons and we had a celebration!; or not..

The WWE crew (mostly management) including Vince McMahon were shocked and furious. It gets even better though.

WWE filed a complaint to Universal later in the day and threaded to sue TNA if they used any footage of the event on their television. TNA was actually thinking about sending a press release out later today.

lol... interesting articles.. :D

There was some talk among talent last night at the SmackDown! tapings that management is apparently telling the workers that the roster cuts have been put on hold for at least a couple more months. As of last week, the word in Stamford was that up to five more wrestlers were planned to be released from the roster.

Part of the reason plans were put on hold, or changed altogether, is because some of the lesser-used talents have been considering or taking the steps to receive a release from their WWE contracts. Now that TNA has started the traditional PPV format (one big one a month at 30$ a pop as opposed to weekly $10 shows) and has gotten big exposure all week on FOX Sports Net, mixed in with their national weekly TV deal, many in WWE are hoping that TNA could become an alternate option, similar to when WCW was still around and alive.

It could be that WWE has changed their position and don't want to become a feeder of talent to TNA in this big transitional phase of their company. With the Hogan's, Savage's, Nash's, Hall's, Piper's, etc. any additional names recognized by the mass wrestling public (WWE fans) could be enough to kick-start TNA into a position the stature of the old WCW. It will be interesting to see how WWE handles any cases of talent requesting their release, as we have said before both pay and morale aren't so high in WWE right now, so situations like this could arise quite a bit in the future.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea.. too many crap wrestlers jus filling up time.. rick flair gotta go, yea hes a wrestling great but he got one of the worst looking tans... also cant have matt with out jeff... thats just ridiculous bring back hardyz

ps... have not watch wwe in over half a year, me want rock  :D can u smell?

Well THe Rock Is Pretty Much GONE, Hes Just Going To Go To Acting, And I Willing To Bet Hes, Gone, Just Gone.

We have even more details on the TNA 'invasion' of WWE yesterday in Orlando, Florida. The WWE crew with RAW and SmackDown! superstars were dressed up like gangs feuding in the "West Side Story." Former WWE producer David Sahadi got together some of the crew from TNA and had Traci Brooks come out with cookies for the WWE crew. Abyss followed her out with some balloons and we had a celebration!; or not..

The WWE crew (mostly management) including Vince McMahon were shocked and furious. It gets even better though.

WWE filed a complaint to Universal later in the day and threaded to sue TNA if they used any footage of the event on their television. TNA was actually thinking about sending a press release out later today.

lol... interesting articles.. :D

There was some talk among talent last night at the SmackDown! tapings that management is apparently telling the workers that the roster cuts have been put on hold for at least a couple more months. As of last week, the word in Stamford was that up to five more wrestlers were planned to be released from the roster.

Part of the reason plans were put on hold, or changed altogether, is because some of the lesser-used talents have been considering or taking the steps to receive a release from their WWE contracts. Now that TNA has started the traditional PPV format (one big one a month at 30$ a pop as opposed to weekly $10 shows) and has gotten big exposure all week on FOX Sports Net, mixed in with their national weekly TV deal, many in WWE are hoping that TNA could become an alternate option, similar to when WCW was still around and alive.

It could be that WWE has changed their position and don't want to become a feeder of talent to TNA in this big transitional phase of their company. With the Hogan's, Savage's, Nash's, Hall's, Piper's, etc. any additional names recognized by the mass wrestling public (WWE fans) could be enough to kick-start TNA into a position the stature of the old WCW. It will be interesting to see how WWE handles any cases of talent requesting their release, as we have said before both pay and morale aren't so high in WWE right now, so situations like this could arise quite a bit in the future.

Yeah, I just read this at NODQ.com. I hope TNA really give WWE a run for their money. This will make them buck up like what WCW did.

that reminds me, you know who could save wwe right now? bring back SCOTT HALL. "hey yo" never gonna happen tho........

yea.. too many crap wrestlers jus filling up time.. rick flair gotta go, yea hes a wrestling great but he got one of the worst looking tans... also cant have matt with out jeff... thats just ridiculous bring back hardyz

We will only get to see the Hardys again when WWE release Matt

and he goes to TNA :huh: TNA start to gain some popularity now that

they are doing what WWE does in the past, hardcore, non-stop wrestling action! :)

Not the Hardys, something better. WWE has released Billy Gunn. The handwriting's on the wall for an Outlaw reunion. TNA would be stupid not to see it.

We will only get to see the Hardys again when WWE release Matt

and he goes to TNA :huh: TNA start to gain some popularity now that

they are doing what WWE does in the past, hardcore, non-stop wrestling action! :)

Not the Hardys, something better. WWE has released Billy Gunn. The handwriting's on the wall for an Outlaw reunion. TNA would be stupid not to see it.

It will be, brother, it will be.

Triple H (for all his backstage bullshit)

That will never happen because he is married to Stephanie McMahon. :)

No, Triple H will never be cut because he is the biggest star in the WWE at the moment. Ugenn was daft for even thinking they would cut Trippsky.

His backstate politics are also the biggest stumbling block for new talent to grow. His hogging the lime light is what is killing WWE today. Only the truly daft would think he's good for the company.

Triple H is bad for the company? Based on what? Nothing other than the fact that you don’t like him. Triple H is the biggest star in wrestling today, for any promotion that can only be a good thing. WWE are making cuts left right and centre but out of the current Raw and Smackdown! rosters the only Superstar they would never cut is Triple H. I personally wasn’t a fan of The Rock, I never liked him, but I appreciated his popularity. It was a brilliant thing for WWE and wrestling in general. Triple H is holding nobody else back. You think Snitsky, Christian or Tyson Tomko could become big stars if the WWE were not giving their current (deserving) stars the limelight? No. The reason that these wrestlers are comparative nobodies is because they aren’t good enough. That’s not Triple’s fault. The only conceivable way Triple H could be ‘hogging the limelight’ is because the company repeatedly gives him the world heavyweight belt for long periods of time and that’s just a way of uniting the fans against a common enemy and rooting for the ‘face’ characters to overthrow him. The fact is, Triple H rules and the WWE knows it.

Edited by shin_nihon_kikaku

Good argument. But I can name a few names who can make it as big as HHH, who has good mic skill too.

1. jericho

2. Eddie Guerrero

3. Kurt Angle

4. Chris Benoit (but his mic skill is only so-so)

I really enjoy Jericho's reign as the undisputed Champion.