Motivation.....

PLasticSlug

I look for different things to make 1Emulation better. To be #1 is my forever goal with this site. Right now it is taking only 30% of my day. Before it was 50-60%.. times are changing and as time progresses... different things will motivate me.

There will always be things to depress or unmotivate you. It can be  people, society, or your own mistakes. The only thing you can do is fix them and aknowledge your mistakes.

To stay unmotivated is a question, not an answer.

:P Very well said my friend. For me it's martial arts, and becoming the best I can be. I want to fight some day (and I might have a fight in about 6 months). The only reason you are so unmotivated is because you are letting school/work become your life, not that it’s a bad thing but look at the end result. You are unmotivated, bored, down, and left wanting. Same thing when it comes to a serious relationship with a girl, you can't spend 100 percent of your time with her, it just won’t work. If you allow it she will become your life, to the point where she disapproves of you hanging out with your friends, talking on the phone with friends, having a friendship with anyone besides her, etc.. So you tell your self "ok I love this girl so I will give her all of me" so you do and now what? Still not enough, still left wanting. When you allow something to become your life and you than neglect other things you enjoy to the point of you feeling down and unmotivated is just the end result of you giving your all to something and basically no room for nothing else. Thankfully my martial arts obsession does not come in the way of me and my friends, since most of them are either martial artist them selves or a fan of it.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Step away from the PC.

I have read off your guys post, and thanks for the info and ideas, but i think fatal hit it on the head, so for a week ill do that and see if anything changes, and focus that spare time on something else.

ok so if you see me on this site... kick my ass & dont worry i wont do what kdash did.....

Ill stay away from the forums, my emulators (beloved metal slug games :P ) fuken Abes exodus (recently downloaded that game and cant stop playing it) ahhhhhhhhhhh, im going to miss it, and its also going to be a slow week. but ill check in, during the middle of the week and see whats up, but other than that im turning off my comp.

hopefully i dont fall into the same situation but with somthing else, ill take up knitting or something and next thing ill know ill be knitting 7 hours a day be in the same boat, but we'll see.

i really need to develop that balance between work and play again, its all a jumbled mess.

aight piece out.

Edited by PLasticSlug

What's motivating me right now is doing absolutely as little as possible as my holidays just started an hour ago. Before then for weeks what was motivating me was getting all my work done so I could get ready for my holidays :P

ok, heres how i would get myself cheered up, i would use the self esteem boosting approach.

First, watch the movie, "The Girl Next Door" seriously, that excessivly hot chick goes out with some random nerd, if that doesnt boost your self esteem, i dont know what will.

Second, Find something your really good at, like some game, go online, and own everyone, owning everyone always works to boost self esteem.

Third, i dont know how many of you remember it, but i had this website a long time ago (that is now for my CS server) where i would write articles and just vent incredibly amounts of anger into them, and people thought they where pretty funny (most of them anyway) that seemed to help me somehow.

Fourth, Hang out with your friends all day, even if you dont want to, good friends always bring happyness and stuff like that.

• 3 weeks later...

Where Was I When This Tread Was Made?! Well Your First Life Was Exactly Like Mine, But I Found That Compiling FBA was Fun So I Do That Most Of The Tyme, Or Watch Music Videos Or Movies. Well GL On Your Finals Guys.