Excellent GBA games - the ones worth getting

Agozer

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of curiosity, why not those titles? Ones you already have?

Recommendations:

- Wade Hixton's Counter Punch - An awesome modern tribute to Punch Out!

- Fire Emblem - Excellent strategy game. Great art, good story, fun gameplay. Sort of a tactical RPG, but it doesn't play like Final Fantasy Tactics or Tactics Ogre. I think this may technically be an SNES port, but since it didn't get an english release on that system that I know of, here it is.

- Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town - If you've ever played a Harvest Moon game, you know what this is. If not, it plays like a "sim" game, so you're basically managing your resources and working towards new and better "things." Despite the implied dullness of the "farm" premise, it's a lot of fun.

- Advance Wars 2 - Turn-based strategy in a modern/future military setting, but with neat anime-ish artwork and a relatively fast pace. Sort of command and conquer meets Fire Emblem. Different characters (of which there are many) have unique abilities, and there are TONS of unlockables, so the replay value is high. Link play isn't bad either if you can find someone to take on. Don't bother with Advance Wars 1 - It's awesome too, but most of what's in that one is included in part 2.

- Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow - My favorite of the castlevania games on GBA. They're all pretty solid, but this one just impressed me the most. Classic side-scrolling action in the Castlevania/Metroid style.

Edited by Daeval

I heard Final Fantasy 1 and 2 whe're being released on GBA but nothing for sure though...

EDIT: here's some info:

http://www.planetnintendo.com/ff1/

read the fourth reply...

I did say "Do not suggest SNES/NES ports", didn't I? :)

Thanks for the effort though... and I already have Metal Slug Advance, it's hard but it kicks ass.

I will never understand how people can wholeheartedly advocate something they haven't played.

Zelda games aren't that bad in general either, you know. Sure, it's a bit of a premature statement, but still.

Edited by Agozer

I heard Final Fantasy 1 and 2 whe're being released on GBA but nothing for sure though...

EDIT: here's some info:

http://www.planetnintendo.com/ff1/

read the fourth reply...

I did say "Do not suggest SNES/NES ports, didn't I? :lol:

Thanks for the effort though... and I already have Metal Slug Advance, it's hard but it kicks ass.

Sry I forgot, but since it's Final Fantasy I was talking about I thought it would make an exception, plus u gotta agree the game roxxorz and I think it's a psx port not a (s)nes hahahaha; One thing I don't get: how can they port 2 games in one crartridge that take up 203 megs on a hard drive(psx ISO)

X-men 2 Wolverine's Revenge

Daredevil

Shining Soul