Current status

Fatal Rose

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll take a guess: when people have the full tech specs and docs of the DS...

Plus, i'd like to see how they pull off the touch screen thing emulator-wise.

To answer my own question, I think the developer should ultimately go down similar path to the PalmOS emulator.

Edited by Agozer

And you'd be right in that. Some people are speculating on how the DS renders the 3D information in memory, but they're getting poor results. It's wise to hold back on trying anything like that.

To answer my own question, I think the developer should ultimately go down  similar path to the PalmOS emulator.

Do tell. I've not heard the story of the PalmOS emu before.

Plus, i'd like to see how they pull off the touch screen thing emulaor-wise.

To answer my own question, I think the developer should ultimately go down  similar path to the PalmOS emulator.

For touch screen, they might implement using mouse dragging??

Click and drag = touch screen.

Do tell. I've not heard the story of the PalmOS emu before.

You can get the emulator from Palm's own site. You need to get those BIOS images or dump your own first to use it at all.

Basically the PalmOS emulator just emulate touch screen via mouse input; You select icons with the mouse as you would with the actual pen. You can type memos and stuff like that by simply typing with the keyboard or by drawing shapes with the mouse (the "pen" needs to be calibrated first of course).

Edited by Agozer

Basically the PalmOS emulator just emulate touch screen via mouse input; You select icons with the mouse as you would with the actual pen. You can type memos and stuff like that by simply typing with the keyboard or by drawing shapes with the mouse (the "pen" needs to be calibrated first of course).

Ah, ok. That's too far in the future for me to even contemplate methods of emulation right now, though; you don't mind if I pay more attention to graphics and sound? :P

Ah, ok. That's too far in the future for me to even contemplate methods of emulation right now, though; you don't mind if I pay more attention to graphics and sound? :P

Hey, it's your emulator, isn't it? :P Sure, just get something showing on the screen and some waveforms coming out of the speakers... then you can think about the touchscreen,

• 4 weeks later...