Audio Drivers

I finally "acquired" Windows for my comp. Only took 3 months.

Now I'm trying to import some hardware from my old one, but I can't find the driver for my speakers. I'm pretty sure I need

Intel 82801AA AC'97 Audio Controller

to run it. Know where I can find one? I tried going to the Intel site but it's addicted to flocking crack so I can't do anything there.

I have the Realtek AC'97 Audio controller, but those drivers came from my motherboard driver CD (or then it was the Windows XP CD, I don't remember which)

All in all, are you sure it's Intel and not Realtek?

I have the Realtek AC'97 Audio controller, but those drivers came from my motherboard driver CD (or then it was the Windows XP CD, I don't remember which)

All in all, are you sure it's Intel and not Realtek?

Looking at my old comp, I see the Intel thing listed. But if these things come on my Mobo CD then I'll try using that.

Alright, that didn't work. The nVidia driver that came with the Mobo doesn't appear to be compatible with my speakers or something. Very annoying. So I still need that from somewhere if someone would be kind enough to help.

http://www.driverguide.com/

If you have a Knoppix or some other linux boot disk, you can use lspci to check what the PCI device id is for the card. That's the most accurate way of checking what hardware you have.

I don't know what that means. And I went to driverguide, it was on crack and crappy. I found it, but then I had to register, and after you register they decide to take away the simple list of drivers that they have! Flog them!