Im getting an X-Box

emsley

The pc still can't play games like Halo and Jade Empire though. True the emulation on the xbox isnt as great as someone with a computer but for 149.99 you cant beat it. Add the 70 for the chip and another 60 for a 80gig hard drive and youre all set. less money then a computer. Of course you would need a computer to get all the stuff on there though.

The pc still can't play games like Halo and Jade Empire though. True the emulation on the xbox isnt as great as someone with a computer but for 149.99 you cant beat it. Add the 70 for the chip and another 60 for a 80gig hard drive and youre all set. less money then a computer. Of course you would need a computer to get all the stuff on there though.

280 can easily get you a budget PC which is many times superior than an xbox. Like I've said, unless you really like some of the xbox exclusive titles, there really isn't any reason to get this one.

280 can easily get you a budget PC which is many times superior than an xbox. Like I've said, unless you really like some of the xbox exclusive titles, there really isn't any reason to get this one.

That may be true, but sometimes you don't want all of the clunkiness of a computer.

I use my Xbox to play emulators, which takes less time than for me to boot my CPU up and load up the emulator. The GUIs on the dashboards are simply designed to make it easy to navigate once you set them up.

Plus I find my Xbox plays DivX & Xvid (not to mention a whole other slew of other types of video) better than my PC, plus I don't have to install 14 Million codecs as everything is in 1 nice package of software.

Finally, I use my Xbox as a portable multimedia machine when I go traveling. The same cannot be said about a Computer as I have to lug the tower AND the monitor with me. As for the Xbox, I just put it in it's portable case and I'm gone. Once I get to the place I'm staying, I hook it up and do whatever me or my friends want to do, from playing games, to watching Videos, to watching DVDs.

Oh and the Xbox way would still be cheaper since you don't have to even get a Hard Drive if you burn everything on disc, plus you don't even need a modchip if you do the TSOP flash.

So effectively you could look at $150 for a retail multimedia system that plays emulated games.

Uh, there are about 5 games i want, its mainly for the playback of Divx and Xvid, plus you can somehow play emus threw the thing which is whats really attracting me to it at this moment in time.

How?

The machine plays DivX & XviD amazingly. I use the machine almost solely for watching DigiSubbed Anime. Out of about the 400 Episodes I've thrown at it, it only had issues playing back 1 of them. Pretty good odds I'd say.

Well, seeing as the Dead or Alive series is an XBOX exclusive, it's not such a bad deal. XBOX emulation on the PC is seriously dragging its heels.... Halo 2 is coming out for the PC soon, so don't waste money on the XBOX if you want to play that. But Dead or Alive.....

I love my modded Xbox. All my old systems in one convinient package. One major reason I prefer to use the Xbox to play emulators is for the controller. I really hate pc controllers. And what's all this talk about getting a modchip when soft modding is way easier and obviously cheaper since it's free. And Xbox-scene is the best place to find out all this information.

you won't see a pc version of halo 2 for a year just like halo 1; M$ is depending on this game to sell xbox's like hot cakes.

as for dead or alive; it bored me within 10mins since its nothing more then doa 1 and 2 which i own for ps1/ps2/dc. both which are short games and only doa 2 got the nice touches but other then that a pro at doa will finish game in 2mins or less (2min is my record)

Edited by Prican25

why do so many people hate doa... I think it's a great game not counting the chicks too....

EDIT: should have added earlier, I really like the hold system, for me actually getting to hold someone just when they're attacking you makes for one deep game (yeah I know I'm weird like that).

Edited by Hiroshi Nohara

why do so many people hate doa... I think it's a great game not counting the chicks too....

I honestly don't know. Maybe becausre it's not as "deep" as, let's say Virtua Fighter 4. Who knows.