Is this a good combination?

Ryuken

i'm buying parts to build my new computer and i haven't buy any things yet cuz i dunno if they will go with each other or if something could be bottlenekced and not worth buying.

All i need is a cpu,case,videocard,and a motherboard and here's the stuff i've picked

ASRock "K7VT4A+" VIA KT400A Chipset Motherboard for AMD Socket A CPU

ROSEWILL RADEON 9600 Video Card, 256MB DDR, 128-bit, DVI/TV-Out, 8X AGP, Model "RW9600-256D"

POWMAX Case with Side Panel Window (Black), Model "CP03294HL-5"

AthlonXp2800+

and i'm waiting for the ram prices to go down or if there's a rebate

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gamer?

Get a faster processor, and get a faster card, radeon 9800 pro, or if you are mr money bags get an X800 XT [rADEON].

Go with intel and a 3Ghz Processor with hyper threading inabled.

And treat your self to a gig of RAM.

Fastets ram availabile is 512Mb DDR (PC3200) 400 , if your mother board can ahndle a 3Ghz, it can handle this type of ram, just remember to check.

If you buy the current rig you will be elft behind very quickly...

Its still a fast rig and will run doom 3 and half life 2, but fro an extra 200 bucks you could have a demon.

gamer?

Get a faster processor, and get a faster card, radeon 9800 pro, or if you are mr money bags get an X800 XT [rADEON].

Go with intel and a 3Ghz Processor with hyper threading inabled.

And treat your self to a gig of RAM.

Fastets ram availabile is 512Mb DDR (PC3200) 400 , if your mother board can ahndle a 3Ghz, it can handle this type of ram, just remember to check.

If you buy the current rig you will be elft behind very quickly...

Its still a fast rig and will run doom 3 and half life 2, but fro an extra 200 bucks you could have a demon.

damn it. i guess i'll wait till christmas to get the stuff ur talking aboiut cuz right now i can only buy what i picked ad since u said i'll be lefted behinf very fast then i'll save up, cuz i want a pc that will last a little longer. but iwill it last longer if i'm not really a gamer but just want to play some games

It will play the current crop of games out and the up and coming half life 2, on that card you will averge about 65 FPS To 75 on half life 2 [ which means its good!]

So yes the rig you want is and will run anything...

You can always update the card at a later date. :-]

sweet!! but do i have to get 1gig of ram?? can i get 256mb and upgrade it to a gig when the price go down cuz i can't afford a gig right now

thanx for all of ur advise man. i guess i'll get 512mb but then i'll have to ask my mom to buy it for me :) and i'm not sure if she will maybe i can ask her to loan me the money and don't pay her back

so u don't think the price will drop any time soon? i, myself don't think it will but i don't have enough money and my uncl got a pc2700 512 mb for just 19.99 after rebate so that's why i'm waiting for the price to go down