Dapple is a Apple ][ emulator for DOS.
* This is a conflation of modifications made by dosius and the "other developer"; the following changelog lists both our changes. Since this version is rather stable, I may re-release this as a non-experimental build, 1.10.
* This is an EXPERIMENTAL BUILD of Dapple. It is only for those who wish to be on the bleeding edge, or for furthering the development of Dapple. I am going to move this source tree to the main Dapple development tree when I can confirm that it is working properly. The developer of the new CPU core has much more testing software than I do and used the basic core in an earlier emulator project. I can only run what I have. It seems to work a little better, but as always, remember: your mileage may vary.
* Option to disable the joystick - this fixed problems with Hard Hat Mack on certain systems.
* Restored the debugger (partially rewritten to remove Marat's code) and rewrote the savestate code.
* Replaced the implementation of BRK with another one.
* Preparing to implement switching CPUs (6502, 65C02, 65SC02), but this is not yet implemented (and probably won't be until '03).
* Fixed a bug with double hi-res switching.
* Added back support for a 48K Apple ][+. (This included a bugfix to the original contribution to keep it from affecting the //e)
* Added support for a QWERTY layout on a German keyboard, which makes it possible for German etc. users to play Ms. Pac-Man. (Currently, there is no such patch for French users.)
* Somewhat improved handling of Ctrl-Break.
* Disabled shell, as I believe the Ctrl-Break fix broke it.
* /NOCAPSLOCK switch: keeps Dapple from changing the keyboard shift flags.
* Restored /Q switch functionality.
* Changed license: because when I was originally given the CPU core I planned to use it in a GPL'd emulator (Divet) and it was assumed that the core would be GPL'd; as of 1.01c, I have done so. This license is retroactive to 1.01 but does not apply to previous versions.
* Removed a "feature" that never worked right anyway - saving joystick calibration.
* Pruned the code: removed some dead code from binmanip.c.
* Replaced the keyboard handler to support Alt+key combinations better, thanks again to Andrew Gregory's emulator. When 80-column text mode is available, we will FINALLY have AppleWorks working properly - a key reason for any Apple ][ emulator. Yet to fix: get rid of ANYTHING that can sense Ctrl-Break, and possibly trap it ourselves at a low level. WARNING: When ALT is being held down, the keyboard assumes a US layout.
* MOVED THE RESET KEY from F9 to Ctrl-F12.
* Disabled Ctrl-Alt = Solid Apple/Option. Since the new RESET key is Ctrl-F12 instead of F9, it's not possible to to Open Apple-Ctrl-Reset. Now Shift-Alt will do the same, so that the self-test can still be run using Shift-Alt-Ctrl-F12.
* BRK opcode FIXED. Stupid me, I forgot to increment the address pointer and toss a BRK flag on the stack!
* Added another palette: that used by Dapple 0.2 and similar versions, and similar to some other PC emulators. It is called "PC-like 16-color".
* Removed exit debug display by commenting it out.
* Removed the last traces of 48K support which had been excised earlier.
Get it at - http://sourceforge.n...rojects/dapple/
Welcome to 1Emulation.comRegister now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Dapple Experimental Build 1.01d Released!
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users