Welcome to 1Emulation.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Sharing internet connections on wireless network

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

jeffkong

jeffkong

• Members
  • 83 posts
Click to view battle stats
I have set up a wireless network between 2 computers.

Though the other computer isn't connected to the internet through the other. I want to be able to go online through my other computer, how?

The computer currently connected to the internet is a Windows XP
The computer I want to connect to the internet via the other is a Windows ME.

ken_cinder

ken_cinder

Cyborg Admin

• User Admin
  • 4,484 posts
  • Interests:Everything
This is what is known as a "Proxy", and is easily setup.

I recommend something simple like Wingate (Not free) or AnalogX Proxy (IS free!)

Bust out Google and do a search for Proxy software, and remember to read the instructions! Nobody has to see you do it, so don't be like a typical guy and not read em <_<

jeffkong

jeffkong

• Members
  • 83 posts
Is there a way to just share files on my 2 computers? My 2 computerd are connected to the wireless network and I can't transfer files to each other.

ugenn

ugenn

Needs Sunlight

• Premium Members
  • 636 posts
Regular windows file sharing (network neighbourhood) should do the trick. as long as both machine's are pingable by each other.

jeffkong

jeffkong

• Members
  • 83 posts
How do I do that?

Also the computer is connected to the network but it just won't communicate with my other computer.

jeffkong

jeffkong

• Members
  • 83 posts
My computers are connected now. It turns out because the other computer didn't know my router's WEP key it couldn't connect to it.

All is well ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users