How powerful are the Street Fighters

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

God knows why. I've stuck with Charlie since forever and it fits him. Nash ain't bad either, but Charllie sounds more, him.

God knows why. I've stuck with Charlie since forever and it fits him. Nash ain't bad either, but Charllie sounds more, him.

That's how I feel about the American names yet still get b!tched at.

Why is it that when people talk about the characters and only use the Japanese versions of the names that they say Charlie instead of Nash?

I say Nash and always have. It seems a bit two faced to say Charlie and then call M.Bison - Vega and Akuma - Gouki.

I only use the Japanese names as that's what the developers called the characters. I don't see the point in calling the characters the US names. The only reason the Americans changed the names is because M.Bison sounds too much like M. Tyson, therefore censoring the game. Then they changed around the other bosses names to fit. And I suppose they changed Gouki to Akuma because people unaware of Japanese pronounciations would call him Gooky instead of Goh-Ky.

It's the same as the idiots who think changing the way you say names/words to sound more english is right. Saying "Sa-cure-a" instead of "Sa-ku-ra" and saying "Ky-oh-sook" instead of "Kyoh-su-kegh".

And obviously "Ry-oo" or "Ree-oo" instead of "Ryu" (1 syllabyl said quickly).

The Japanese people say Ralf and Clark different to how they should be pronounced but I don't say them the Japanese way as they are English words. Japanese words should be said the way they should be said. However, we understand a Japanese person saying Ralf to us because we know it is their accent making it sound different, if we said "Sa-sook" instead of "sa-su-ke", they would have no idea what we are saying.

As a further example, Ein from DOA I pronounce the same as nine without the first 'n'. This is because it derives from the german word for 'one' (what with him being a Neo rip-off and all), whereas I would guess that the Japanese pronunciation would be different, sounding more like jane without the 'j'.

Edited by shin_nihon_kikaku

I've always used japanese names. It feels more natural.

It feels more natural because it is. Calling "Gallon" "Jon Talbain" is the most un-natural thing ever...

I've always used japanese names. It feels more natural.

It feels more natural because it is. Calling "Gallon" "Jon Talbain" is the most un-natural thing ever...

Heh. Case in point. Translators do the weirdest things.

And obviously "Ry-oo" or "Ree-oo" instead of "Ryu" (1 syllabyl said quickly).

I remember at the mall I was bored as hell so I went to Game Trader and they had a Dreamcast hooked up wth MvC2 so I was like "Hell yeah! Better than that stupid XBOX demo disc," but after a while I was getting bored of that too. Till a kid came up to me and asked me if he could play it and that he loves to play as "Ry-oo." I would endure that boredom for hours before giving up my controller to that ass clown. I mean...he just sounded so dumb.

Also, at that store I saw they were selling those old PC demo CDs, those that say "NOT FOR RESALE" on it.