How powerful are the Street Fighters

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mainly you would just put the stronger, usual people that you would think are stronger. Since I have no idea on the canon on SF that well I would go,

In no order whatsoever.

Ryu

Ken

Gill

Gouki/Akuma

Gen

Bison/Vega

Guile

Rose

Chun Li

Dan is not a strong character. Sure hes fun to play with in the game but hes pretty damn weak. Even though Dan supposently won against Sagat in SFA3, I think it says somewhere that Sagat lost on purpose or something like that.

If I'm wrong, Slap me :pissedoff:

Although Sagat *is* powerful, He's gone down since 3s. Even though he isn't in the game, he's considered one of the strongest people in the world. But he isn't in the "Inhuman" catagory.

if u can shoot  some thing/ energy blast with ur hand that ur not human!!!!

And Guile can make Sonic Booms... what's your point? B) I stopped caring about SF storylines and human/inhuman categories long ago because they just don't make sense to me.

Although Sagat  *is* powerful, He's gone down since 3s. Even though he isn't in the game, he's considered one of the strongest people in the world. But he isn't in the "Inhuman" catagory.

Yes Sagat is the hardest fully human dude. But you said Guile was. Guile is only strong story wise because he was the main character for SF2 when it was first released (Ryu and Ken were just returning, he was the main new guy). And E.Honda was also a powerhouse storywise because he is Japanese, and Japanese developers do things like that.

In no order whatsoever.

Ryu

Ken

Gill

Gouki/Akuma

Gen

Bison/Vega

Guile

Rose

Chun Li

Dan is not a strong character. Sure hes fun to play with in the game but hes pretty damn weak. Even though Dan supposently won against Sagat in SFA3, I think it says somewhere that Sagat lost on purpose or something like that.

If I'm wrong, Slap me B)

I wouldn't disagree too much with the 9 mentioned characters, but:

Although Ken IS a mega powerful character, he is not among THE strongest ever. He is inbetween Sagat (human) and the lower part of the inhuman tier.

And I only said Dan was strong in the game, not in the story. He is supposed to be pretty weak, but it's just funny how he is one of the most powerful when you play as him. People who think Dan is useless (there are lots of them), they are obviously not that skilled at SF and have never played a master SF demon.

And I don't think Chun-Li is THAT strong. Her claims of being the strongest woman alive doesnt mean much. Plus Rose is a more powerful woman....but she isn't alive in SF2. So maybe she is. But there are still loads more powerful men.

Double Post Ahoy!!

And I don't think Chun-Li is THAT strong. Her claims of being the strongest woman alive doesnt mean much. Plus Rose is a more powerful woman....but she isn't alive in SF2. So maybe she is. But there are still loads more powerful men.

No one knows who actually won the SF2 tournement. The two main characters who could of won is either Chun-Li or Guile, but more evidence supports Chun-Li was the one who took down Shawdolaw and won the SF2 tourney.(Urein's quote against Chun-Li in 3S "I want to see those legendary legs that took out that "orginization").

I've been reading a bit of that canon guide thing for Street Fighter. The person that wrote it (and everyone else), seems to think that SFA1, 2 and 3 are different events in the SF universe.

The fact is that Alpha 3 is the definitive Alpha game and not the 3rd story of the whole Alpha games.Alphas 2 and 3 are just superior remakes of Alpha 1, not chronologically ordered continuations of the story.

The thing I read was:

Why doesn't Ryu have his red headband even though Ken gave him it at the end of SFA2?

Capcom was too lazy to change his sprite. Hey, they've been using the same sprite of Morrigan for almost a decade now. Change Ryu's sprite even if all they had to change was just a headband? Nah!

They didn't change it because Alpha 2 has not happened in Alpha 3.

The only time Ryu had his red headband whilst he was the Alpha sprite was in MvsC1 and this then reset back to white for MvsC2. Some people would try and explain why this is, but the fact is that the Marvel games aren't anything to do with the SF universe and are just like the dream match from KOF.

You can't explain most things without confirmation from Capcom. That's the point -It's just a game with no real story that makes any sense until the next game's prologue, and character back-stories as they are the only things that are set in stone and the only things that comprise a story at all. If you believed every ending from every SF game then you would think that Zangief disabled the psycho drive with E.Honda and that Birdie lost his strength while trying to get the psycho drives power.Only one ending is supposed to happen. Decided by Capcom and not even explained exactly who is supposed to actually have beaten Vega or Gill or whoever until the next real sequel. The other endings are just "what ifs", as some of the more bizarre scenarios suggest.

VF is the same, but without the ending stories. It is explained in the manual to VF3 that Akira was the one that actually won the tournament.This is then used as the basis to write the prologue to the game.