Welcome to 1Emulation.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

CoolWebSearch -Internet Start Page changed

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

maninderb

maninderb

• Members+
  • 97 posts
Click to view battle stats
My start page in the Internet properties is "about:blank", and when I click on internet explorer a website with a search engine shows up and whenever I try to change the homepage it does it once and then it turns back to "about:blank" the next time I open Internet Explorer. I also get frequent popups even though I have google toolbar and I block popups. On the top, I noticed, "Only the best", on the popups. I've tried Hijack this, CWshredder, Pest patrol, adware, and spybot. None of them seem to help. I tried deleting the.dll file manually and when I check on Hijack this, again, there is another.dll file with a different name and it keeps going like that. Can someone plz help me? :P

Gryph

Gryph

The K Man

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 14,666 posts
Yeah, get Firefox.

darkmage479

darkmage479

The black wind howls...

• Premium Members
  • 307 posts
  • Interests:Emulation of course, especially:<br /> Neo-Geo<br /> CPS 2<br /> SNES<br /> <br />Flight simulation (X-Plane User, http://www.x-plane.com)<br /><br />My car: 1965 Chevrolet Corvair Corsa 140 coupe<br /><br />Playing the violin
yes, the.dll in your Internet Explorer/Windows directory is self replicating. I had this problem too.

Download the latest version of CWShredder (try Google for the URL) and follow all instructions carefully (Run only CWshredder and no other applications, etc...) This should fix your problems.

Or get Firefox. :P ;)

maninderb

maninderb

• Members+
  • 97 posts
cwshredder keeps saying my system is completely clean.. Damn!!!

Jjangthekid

Jjangthekid

what to write....--

• Premium Members
  • 895 posts
get..regsupreme, spysweeper, sybot..and it'll clean out everything..welll almost.everything.

Gryph

Gryph

The K Man

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 14,666 posts
If none of those work then as a last resort you can manually remove them. Go here: http://www.doxdesk.c...lWebSearch.html and at the end is the Manual Removal section.

Salem

Salem

• Members
  • 62 posts
I've had that before. I think the problem is that it comes in different flavors. What works for one of us may not work for you because of it.
I used a prog called Xcleaner to kill it. In addition to the other link you can also check here:

http://www.spywaregu...show.php?id=599

Adel151

Adel151

Control Freak

• Premium Members
  • 270 posts
i may have a virus scan that should help you out i used it to get rid of my trojan it was a rare trojan but it worked wonders on my pc just E-Mail me on AOL and i can send you the file

shin_nihon_kikaku

shin_nihon_kikaku

Varnson | Pennypacker | Vandelay

• Premium Members
  • 548 posts
  • Interests:Japanese Videogames and emulation thereof, Game Design, Music (everything - 80s pop, dance, rock, classical etc), working in Photoshop, writing rants about games and how crap most of them are, playing MAME with my Dreamcast arcade stick.
I had this bastard virus/trojan aswell. Can't remember how I got rid of it though.
Die virus scum!! ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users