CoolWebSearch -Internet Start Page changed

maninderb

My start page in the Internet properties is "about:blank", and when I click on internet explorer a website with a search engine shows up and whenever I try to change the homepage it does it once and then it turns back to "about:blank" the next time I open Internet Explorer. I also get frequent popups even though I have google toolbar and I block popups. On the top, I noticed, "Only the best", on the popups. I've tried Hijack this, CWshredder, Pest patrol, adware, and spybot. None of them seem to help. I tried deleting the.dll file manually and when I check on Hijack this, again, there is another.dll file with a different name and it keeps going like that. Can someone plz help me? :P

yes, the.dll in your Internet Explorer/Windows directory is self replicating. I had this problem too.

Download the latest version of CWShredder (try Google for the URL) and follow all instructions carefully (Run only CWshredder and no other applications, etc...) This should fix your problems.

Or get Firefox. :P;)

I had this bastard virus/trojan aswell. Can't remember how I got rid of it though.

Die virus scum!! ;)