Tekken 5 News

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the competition could be good for the arcades. Let's face it, arcades are all but dead in many places now. But something like this might get more people into the arcades to try out their skills against human opponents.

Thraxen is right. In fact, the hardcore fanboys should quit whining because Tekken was never considered the pinnacle of twitch-skill fighters. Tekken is more of a casual fighting game (if such a thing is possible). I could understand the complaints if Street Fighter 3: Quadruple Damage came with a pad, but with Tekken anything that's good for arcades is good in my book.

I think the competition could be good for the arcades.  Let's face it, arcades are all but dead in many places now.  But something like this might get more people into the arcades to try out their skills against human opponents.

Thraxen is right. In fact, the hardcore fanboys should quit whining because Tekken was never considered the pinnacle of twitch-skill fighters. Tekken is more of a casual fighting game (if such a thing is possible). I could understand the complaints if Street Fighter 3: Quadruple Damage came with a pad, but with Tekken anything that's good for arcades is good in my book.

Thraxen does have a good point here. If it turns out to be anything but an especially nerdy oddity, it will probably have a positive effect on arcade business. I'm curious if it will have any effect on home sales, like if would-be home buyers will burn themselves out on it playing it in the arcades or anything. And Tekken 3 got pretty hardcore in my area. When it came out there was always a decent sized crowd of guys who knew all the 10-hit dial-a-combos standing around it.

As for the customization stuff.. It's obvious someone at Namco played Virtua Fighter 4 in a Japanese arcade. The feature set is practically identical.

Down with controller marcos.

Really, if i'm at an arcade, I prefer to use a stick. Using a controller? I mean come on. Thats just wrong on every leaving home without anything but cash standard.

I kick ass both with controllers and sticks. I'm just that good. It's really not that hard to switch from either, but I do prefer to only use controllers at home and sticks at the arcade.