Welcome to 1Emulation.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Tekken 5 News

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Thraxen

Thraxen

Needs Sunlight

• Premium Members
  • 635 posts
Click to view battle stats

Another thing that might suck if some idiot goes with a controller that can have macros programmed into it

Hmm... macros could be an issue. I guess if I was going to play at the arcade I would insist that my opponent either use a stick or controller without macros.

i l l m a t i c

i l l m a t i c

<3 t i l a

• Premium Members
  • 804 posts

How could it be anything but good?  It's not like they have taken away the sticks.  If you prefer the stick, then nothing changes for you... unless you fear a bit more competition.

well i dont know if you notice but within a couple weeks or so the joysticks get really worned out due to abuse and whatnot and it makes finding the diagnols hard

Thraxen

Thraxen

Needs Sunlight

• Premium Members
  • 635 posts

well i dont know if you notice but within a couple weeks or so the joysticks get really worned out due to abuse and whatnot and it makes finding the diagnols hard

That could be viewed as a plus for the controller ports... even if the sticks get worn down you can always bring a PS2 pad or stick.

wacko_jacko

wacko_jacko

Needs Sunlight

• Premium Members
  • 534 posts
Yay. I'm much better with a controller. The controls at the Arcade i go to were all stuffed up. For example - sticky buttons, wonky stick.

KyokugenKiss

KyokugenKiss

|~*Signora Della Notte*~ | Fashion Mod

• Ultra Members
  • 1,473 posts
  • Interests:Martial Arts (kung fu, kendo)<br />SNK-PLAYMORE/MVS<br />Culinary Arts<br />NETFLIX <br />Occult
thats soo lame!

although i still like the memory card thingy because i wanna customize some clothes here!!!

SpyderX

SpyderX

• Members+
  • 97 posts
i dream this up when i was a kid... because i was never good with the stick but now i am and now they decide to bring this out. :P

Wizard

Wizard

Da Flyin' Helmat Boy

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:DELICIOUS TRAPS, DELICIOUS LOLIS, HEALTHY GIRLS, DELICIOUS CAKE.

THe CAKE IS REAL
This is bull imo. Removes the true arcade experience of whining and bitching.

Ryuken

Ryuken

Shoryuken

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 2,540 posts
  • Interests:Anime: Naruto, Bleach, Shaman King, One piece,
    Games: Counter-Strike, Half-life, Need for speed underground 1 and 2,
i think the controler port is made just so more home user will play at da arcade instead of waiting for the game to come out

Thraxen

Thraxen

Needs Sunlight

• Premium Members
  • 635 posts

Nah, it will still be there. Except now it will be the people who thought they were bad asses at the arcade getting their asses handed to them by kids with controllers. Just watch, this is exactly what will happen. Most people aren't all that great with sticks because they don't spends hordes of time in arcades. So those that are good with sticks tend to think they are better than they actually are. I can't even count the number of times I've watched someone at an arcade whipping people and been thinking to myself, "I could easily beat this guy with a controller".

Edited by Thraxen, 13 August 2004 - 08:17 PM.

Diso

Diso

Poppy

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 6,145 posts

Nah, it will still be there. Except now it will be the people who thought they were bad asses at the arcade getting their asses handed to them by kids with controllers. Just watch, this is exactly what will happen. Most people aren't all that great with sticks because they don't spends hordes of time in arcades. So those that are good with sticks tend to think they are better than they actually are. I can't even count the number of times I've watched someone at an arcade whipping people and been thinking to myself, "I could easily beat this guy with a controller".

Well of course. You can practice all day long on your console and that guy can't cause he has to spend money to play it.

I still say controller people shouldn't be allowed to go into arcades though because the reigning champs might get defeated by controller ppl and thats not really fair for the arcade people. Meh We'll see how this thing goes.

BIGWORM

BIGWORM

Momochi Zabuza

• Premium Members
  • 296 posts
I think this arises new competition, but unfortunately, there's not a lot of it here where I live.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users