Welcome to 1Emulation.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

..:: Proposed Upcoming Rule Changes ::..

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Alpha

Alpha

Your Ayatollah of Rock N' Rolla!

• Admin
  • 7,402 posts
  • Interests:Face to face interaction, women, and some old games.
Click to view battle stats

That much is pretty apparent, but since these changes are gonna be implimented anyway then it doesn't matter. But I agree that in trying to make this site more acceptable to the more diehard side of the emu community, just for the sake of some affiliates, then we may lose our identity altogether and just become another emufanatics clone. Then again, maybe it'll be the best thing to do for the future of the site. It's too hard to say until the deed is done. Only time will tell.

As I said before, we won't be able to be affiliates with the sites I listed even with the new rules. This is mostly so people don't have to hesitate to post a link to 1Emulation on another emulation website. However, we will never stop working for affiliation as time progresses since with more honor, there will be more glory for the future. We have devised a plan for 1Emu v3.0 which will keep 1Emulation fully alive. Infact, I myself have already started working all day on it.

well i'm ok with the rules as it was been in talks for a month or so now but one thing that wasn't mentioned was direct link, will that be gone or just cleaned up or be to premium members only like rom request?

The direct link you are mentioning will most likely be removed. We will still think about it more though.

James

James

Emulation Master

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 2,883 posts
I support the rules :(
Now if you cannot finds rom then your not looking hard enough. I have nearly 5000 roms and most of them never ever came from a link on a forum.

Emulation Forums are about people who want to get involved in discussions not to come and ask for roms then never be seen until they need a rom again.

If roms are needed then send a private message or post patches.I rather a forum where I can read and talk about emulation not just to come and ask for roms.

James

Edited by James, 07 August 2004 - 01:14 PM.

Mr.X

Mr.X

aka Gouki :)

• Premium Members
  • 866 posts
Posting patches 's better than posting roms links.

Agozer

Agozer

Board Script AI | 16-bit Corpse | The Mummy

• User Admin
  • 19,817 posts
  • Interests:Video games, plain and simple.
I have to agree with however said that those with a premium member status hardly ever ask for rom links. This is true almost without exception.

iq_132

iq_132

I do stuff people seem to like.

• User Admin
  • 2,300 posts
  • Interests:Developing for open-source emulation projects.
I think this is a great step for 1emulation ;)

I do, however, feel that allowing "Premium" members a special section for Illegal material is not the best way to go about things.

Agozer

Agozer

Board Script AI | 16-bit Corpse | The Mummy

• User Admin
  • 19,817 posts
  • Interests:Video games, plain and simple.

I think this is a great step for 1emulation :) 

I do, however, feel that allowing "Premium" members a special section  for Illegal material is not the best way to go about things.

Then how would you change things?

Xeon

Xeon

In love with his own ego.

• Premium Members
  • 622 posts
people need to admit that if it wasnt for emulation going to its extremes (new neogeo games, GBA, early N64 and PSX emulation, etc), emulation wouldnt be as popular as it is now. i doubt the community would be as this huge either.

this is why i dont mind the small community incase of the change. its more probably what emu community could've been to begin with.

OverlordMondo

OverlordMondo

Ruling Lesser People since 1994

• Ultra Members
  • 3,425 posts
  • Interests:Cha, y'know, stuff.
Are just the rules taking effect today? Or is v.3 finished as well?

Weirdy

Weirdy

life...is like a box of chocolates

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 7,291 posts
maybe he just hasn't woken up yet?

Alpha

Alpha

Your Ayatollah of Rock N' Rolla!

• Admin
  • 7,402 posts
  • Interests:Face to face interaction, women, and some old games.
Yes, they are. The Rule change will be complete in a couple of hours. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users