..:: Proposed Upcoming Rule Changes ::..

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can accept most of the rules.

The only rule that i have trouble is :

5) No rom links will be allowed to be posted in the forums and no requesting of roms will be permitted.

Erm....it just dun feel like an emulation site if we can't ask for rom or inform a whereabout of a rom, even for premium members.  :unsure:

nono, you don't get it, see, when you're a premmie you'll be able to access the rom request forum

so ppl can actually try to become members of the community

I think people will join other places that allow posting of ROM links instead of trying to get 100 posts here.

And are the sign up rules going to clearly state that after getting 100 posts you'll get access to Rom Requests?

I think the open posting of rom links for everybody to share is one of the main appeals of this forum, as well as the discussion. I don't think restricting it to a forum that only 100+ posters can see is a good idea. It should be for everybody, and it should be very open, because thats what we are here for. This is the "People's Emulation Site."

I think the open posting of rom links for everybody to share is one of the main appeals of this forum, as well as the discussion. I don't think restricting it to a forum that only 100+ posters can see is a good idea. It should be for everybody, and it should be very open, because thats what we are here for. This is the "People's Emulation Site."

I would like that too, but if this site stay like it is, this place get s no "bigger" affiliates. GC wants to make this place acceptable for all. If you haven't noticed, many other emulation forums delete posts that refer to this place just because we post links to sites that host rom images.

Edited by Agozer

I'm As Usual To lazy To Read All The Post, So I'm Jsut Gonna Say This: We Should Do Something About The Bumping Like Cant Post After The Topic Hasen't Goten Any Replies After 2 Months, Maybe More Or Less?

I would like that too, but if this site stay like it is, this place get s no "bigger" affiliates. GC wants to make this place acceptable for all. If you haven't noticed, many other emulation forums delete posts that refer to this place just because we post links to sites that host rom images.

That's as maybe but theres a serious risk that in trying to be like all the other sites, we'll lose what makes this site so unique :D

That's as maybe but theres a serious risk that in trying to be like all the other sites, we'll lose what makes this site so unique :D

That much is pretty apparent, but since these changes are gonna be implimented anyway then it doesn't matter. But I agree that in trying to make this site more acceptable to the more diehard side of the emu community, just for the sake of some affiliates, then we may lose our identity altogether and just become another emufanatics clone. Then again, maybe it'll be the best thing to do for the future of the site. It's too hard to say until the deed is done. Only time will tell.

Hey, worst comes to worst, we just revert. If the site bombs, we screw our affiliates, and we start posting links again. Then we laucnh some nukes, sending the world into anarchy, and build emulation up to the only fair source of income.

Well, maybe not that last part...

well i'm ok with the rules as it was been in talks for a month or so now but one thing that wasn't mentioned was direct link, will that be gone or just cleaned up or be to premium members only like rom request?

Edited by Prican25