mame on 7 cds?

alexis

i was speaking to a guy that has the mame roms for sell and the newest version of it that he got recently consists on 7 cd´s, now i don´t think it has also the.62 version as it came out recently but then 7cd´s is a lot of mb i wasn´t told which were the games and i don´t think this guys knows up to which version of mame are the roms he has, so i was wondering, how many roms versions would enter on 7 cds. What do you think guys?

7 CD's sounds like the full set. Minus hard drive images.

I have the full 0.62 set, and its 4.92GB, which would fit on 7, 700MB CD's.

Add the HD images......and you are talking another 4 CD's or so.

P.S. Don't feed some pirate $ for roms. Thats exactly what he is, and he deserves to be locked up for it.

heh i was just curious

besides that depends i mean after donwloading all of the roms and then recording them on the cd´s, just a little charge on the cds doesn´t sounds that bad as the price for each cd is equal to two virgin cd´s or sth like that i know for sure he didn´t compile he just got it from somwhere (or at least this is what i think) them but i also know that many people don´thave internet connections and there is no other way out than buying the cd´s. On the other hand if not giving the money to him i would anyway give it to another pirates even worse than him i mean the telephonic company which charges incredidly high costs for internet connections and phones too, so what should i do just feed the worst of them, oh well, in gact i am feeding them right now :P

Place called Tombstone does this for FREE, (well they charge for shipping and cd costs) The guys i have delt with are great (asked me to donate to Mame.dk in his name (I did and got a complete set of CD's in about a week. If you want a complete set of roms for MAME i would recomend them. (they are not for profit, just helping out).

Clok

• 4 weeks later...

Let me just say it's very worth it, I did it with the 61 version that came out, and it was great EVERY SINGLE THING THATS MAME32 realated was there except the emulators themselfs, DON"T YOU WANT TO PLAY THE BANNED MAME Games :x, I mite do it again with the mame 63 version if it's a big enough update.

P.S. It also save newer folks to the emulation scene hella time if you want the official link U2U me, PEACE.

• 1 month later...

ME MY SELF I LET MY MAME GO DEAD FOR ABOUT 2 YEARS AND JUST GOT IT STARTED AND LOVIN IT STILL.BUT I HAVE NO INTERNET AT HOME AND I WOULD LIKE TO GET THAT FULL SET FOR MY SELFWITH ALL THE UPDATES AND ROMS IT WOULD BE NICE CAN YOU SEND ME A LINK OR SOMETHING

I REMEMBER HOW HARD IT WAS TO GET ALL THE ROMS I HAVE NOW

SORRY IN CAPS FOR GOT 8)

would not want to go and do that now with out internet at home

so i use it at work