[7/21/04] Street Fighter: 3rd Strike

Game: Street Fighter: 3rd Strike

Genre: Fighting

Platform: Arcade, Dreamcast, Playstation 2 and Xbox (Street Fighter Anniversary).

Emulator: Chankast

Release: 1999

lg_st3_3rd.gif

From the makers of Street Fighter: Double Impact (a 2 in 1 game, Features Street Fighter: 3rd Generation and Second Impact) comes to you, a newly high enhanced installment. Present Street Fighter 3rd Strike by Capcom. Not only did they add new characters, but they have give the game a complete alternation to make this the new kid on the block. So lets find out what makes this game, a best in the street fighter's 3rd legacy.

sfselect.jpg

Added 5 new avaliable selectable characters from Street Fighter: Double Impact, making the total roster of 19 fighters (with 1 hidden). The following new characters are: Remy(a better looking impose from Guile and Charlie), Twelve(a minion of Gill), Q(A detective like with a masked on), Makoto (a new female judo fighter), Chun-Li (Yeah !!!) and Akuma (even though he was a hidden character in Street Fighter: Second Impact). All these new characters are now playable from the start.

sf31.jpg

Almost the same game, if you look at it in a way in comparison to Double Impact. Quite frankly, yer wrong. They added a new system for 1P game, and some other unique features only in the 1P game. Same goes whenever you have selected yer character, you have to select yer Super Art move of yer choice to use in the game (3 to choose from). Almost all characters could only use one Super Art move at a time, few others has more than one. After the selection of your move, the new setup is set for you, giving you 2 oponent to choose to fight. Whenever you had a problem with yer choice, you could always choose the other when you lose. The system generates 10 stage of match in order for you to beat the game. You can choose yer way of making throughout the game by chosing yer oponent until the 9th round, where yer forced to fight this oponent based on the plot of your character. Through out the stages, like the previous title, you can to play the bonus courses. SF: Second Impact features a parry exhibition where you deflect the baskets thrown by Sean. The same thing occur, except they have added a Parry difficulty system, where you can pratice parry according to yer experience with the parry system. Another unique bonus feature is the "Crush the car" game, which was used before in the old street fighter, has now enhanced with the effects and visual of the damage, as you pummel the car til it broke down and rolls over. Almost forgot about the new feature, the Grade-judgment system, a feature that measures yer skillz in the game then rank you according to yer performance at the end of every round, pretty unique and yet dull. This pretty much wraps up all the changes you need to know in comparison between 3rd Strike and Double Impact.

sf39.jpgsf38.jpg

The graphic is just pure enhanced, very rich indeed. Aside from the characters, the stages are completely added with nicer background of the stage, even I couldn't tell if they were sometime 2D or 3D. The effect is a great example, making it more dynamic in fast lightning effects whenever a super art move is pulled off, simply amazing.

sf32.jpgsf310.jpg

Can't believe hearing me say this, but this music is byfar the best street fighter music in the history of all the street fighter games. The perfection is how they play a song recongnizing the surroundings of the background, its a perfect implement. All music genre in one, most likely. Not only that, but the music is intense, even the intro. Even though for a rap song being played in the character selection screen, listen to the lyrics, you actually felt the confidence the music brought in. Also announcements, which now has a better announcer with a irresistable voice that kewl out the rewarding experience each time you play. Expect something like this whenever you got a perfect on yer oponent: " Alrright, thats kewl !! "

sf312.jpg

All I'm saying is, this game is one hot game you should own or try out, especially if yer a Street Fighter fan, this baby has brought you a new generation of 2D fighting game. You will experience better than you can imagine from a street fighter game. So remember, you won't know how good til you try it. After all, this is one of the most popular fighting game in the listing, and a masterpiece by capcom.

Visual - 10/10

Gameplay - 10/10

Control - 9/10

Sound - 10/10

Overall Score: 10

Overall Grade: A

Overall, I give this game a :(:D

T`is a very good game indeed.

I wonder...once I get the PS2 version(not the poor excuse of a U.S. version), should I even consider reviewing it?

T`is a very good game indeed.

I wonder...once I get the PS2 version(not the poor excuse of a U.S. version), should I even consider reviewing it?

I'll say no to that bcuz Its making a duplicate of Magnis post in your own words basically. Just add on ur stuff to this post or PM to magnis and he'll add it in I guess

This is a good game though I'm not very good at it... :P

Why do you suck at it then? :)

Because it took me forever to beat Gill...and I don't play it that much. I play CvS2 more. :D

Yeah, my CvS2 is eating away on my PS2 controller right now. :D

Was Gill the last boss?

the screenshots are fixed...

Gill isn't hard after you learn his movements and timing of his attacks, you can easily take him out even before he build his guage full. Oh and Diso, that stradegy is one of the known old and cheapest combo in the face of all fighting game (which that better not be you of course):flame:

the screenshots are fixed...

Gill isn't hard after you learn his movements and timing of his attacks, you can easily take him out even before he build his guage full. Oh and Diso, that stradegy is one of the known old and cheapest combo in the face of all fighting game (which that better not be you of course):flame:

Hey, If they can't figure out how to block that, They should be able to experience it so they can learn how to block it if someone else uses it :lol: