Too Much For Nintendo These Days

lancerx

guess that Nint never thought seen theirselves in this position worlwide (rolling down the hill fast), i use tb a nint loyal until the N64 and Gc (i gave them another chance), call me sheep if you want, i really don´t understand how a company with so many great franchises is loosing so easy, yes i know, M$ and sony got $$, but still, Nint is a recognized brand name and if they are here (M& and Sony) is cause nintendo mistakes, psx anyone?, i guess they deserve what they are goiug through, you can´t survive in a competition that improves every day, why don´t the Gc have online games as the xbox and ps2? don´t tell cause of the money, is because another mistake of them, everyone knows about live, what´s the name of the ps2 online? ps2 online of course, but MS went ahead of sony, that is being smart and when you talk about online most people say live, what i mean is that one of my favorite company as a child is getting far behind, who cares about connectivity!?, do i care for the DS? of course not, i bought a GC thinking it was going tb great and now developers are running away, **bleep** is wrong with Nint? what are they thinking? don´t thay ask people what they want?, if you go ti nintendo.com -- systems you´ll see that from Nes to today they are selling less and less systems, even thought that Snes was one of my favorites systems, darn Nint. u really know how to do things wrong.

Hoppefully i got ps2 and xbox, if not...... well you know.

Now i feel bettter.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nintendo still is sucessfull with gameboy but console wise these days its been here and there. it was clearly a bad choice when they decided to use carts on n64 (president quit after a few months n64 debuted in usa memory serves me right) and cuz of it they lost a lot of support that end up going to something that they help create and disowned (ps1).

gc wasn't a bad idea but and they could've added more to it (full dvds instead of the lame mini's, dvd player option (panasonic Q's aren't being made any more), and more online use)

the online use still bothers me as to why they don't use it more but this is nintendo after all (always late to catch up on good things)

its just a shame that they end up this way but thats just how it is

Edited by Prican25

The only problem is stupid little kids who weren't around in the days of 8/16 bit gaming, who think that violence/nudity is a MUST in every game.

They label Nintendo as "kiddy", and it's 100% bull****.

As for DVD playback in a console, a stupid idea IMO, especially when you have to buy add-ons just to watch your movies.

And online gaming belongs on PC IMO! Who gives a rats ass if your couch potato box plays games online.

That's M$ way of buying a remote to play dvd's. Anyways, rumores say that after their next NextGen console comes out, their out of the business.

The only problem is stupid little kids who weren't around in the days of 8/16 bit gaming, who think that violence/nudity is a MUST in every game.

As for DVD playback in a console, a stupid idea IMO, especially when you have to buy add-ons just to watch your movies.

And online gaming belongs on PC IMO! Who gives a rats ass if your couch potato box plays games online.

Yes!! Let's play CvsSNK 2 on PC!!! KEYBOARDS RULE WITH FIGHTING GAMES!!!

Sorry, for that bit of sarcasm, but online play on consoles is INSANELY good, as then we can play things that AREN'T FPS or RTS online and with other people.

Back to the main deal... Nintendo is floundering because of the stigma that only kids like the GC. That and the fact that it has no DVD playback is killing them. If the GBA:DS tanks the same, then Nintendo is going to be hurtin.

Lancer, please, next time, use commas and periods. Paragraph breaks work too. :-D

Anon.

Yes!! Let's play CvsSNK 2 on PC!!! KEYBOARDS RULE WITH FIGHTING GAMES!!!

Sorry, for that bit of sarcasm, but online play on consoles is INSANELY good, as then we can play things that AREN'T FPS or RTS online and with other people.

Back to the main deal... Nintendo is floundering because of the stigma that only kids like the GC. That and the fact that it has no DVD playback is killing them. If the GBA:DS tanks the same, then Nintendo is going to be hurtin.

Lancer, please, next time, use commas and periods. Paragraph breaks work too. :-D

Anon.

Tottally agreed with Him, except for the commas and periods :lol:, i don´t like pc for games and playing with a keyboard sucks, besides, you won´t see a mario kart, smbm or MP on Pc. I hope they change for next console gen.

In japan they are doing ok, they sold this past week like 6000 units and ps2 sold almost 10000, xbox still not doing good, only 656 units.

Edited by lancerx

xbox still not doing good, only 656 units.

wow, really? where did u get those figures? that is fascinating that the xbox is doin that badly in japan. maybe its too much of an american thing? =/ :-D

darn i can´t find the post, i saw at gamespot, system wars, but that yesterday and i can´t find it now, but i remember the number cause i was quite impressed with the xbox numbers. i´l keep searching.