need help to build a rom database

alexis

Hmm now I get you. Sort of.

Maybe thats a feature request you could submit to Eric Boyle-Feysot (The author of Romcenter). Have it remember rom paths from a CD based on the disc's Label. That way, if you stuck a CD in labelled "Roms 1" it would remember that specific CD, as opposed to another CD you have labelled "Roms 2".

I'm not so sure how viable that is.

Another thing to do is audit you're CD, save the have/miss lists for what is on them, check the next CD, save lists........and copy/paste into first list updating the #'s if there are roms from 1 system on 2 CD's.

I think I'm clueing into what you want more here.........

Like this?

CD#1

x rom

x rom

etc etc

CD#2

x rom

x rom

etc etc

So you can find a specific rom/game in a list, and just pull the corresponding CD out right?

If thats the case, just audit the CD, and keep the xxxHave.txt and rename it according to the CD. Then you will know what roms are on that CD.

You can just copy/paste into one text file, from each xxxhave.txt, if there are more than one system on the CD.

And import it into Execel as well if you like.

You could also go the length of alphabetizing all the audits of you're CD's into one text file, and just putting a -CD#1 or -CD#2 beside the rom names.

Like this.........I'll use my fav game for an example

Super Metroid (JU) [!].zip - CD#1

Super Metroid (E) [!].zip - CD#2

Get what I mean?