Welcome to 1Emulation.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Mod Chip Or Not?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Ryuken

Ryuken

Shoryuken

• Ultra Members
  • 2,540 posts
  • Interests:Anime: Naruto, Bleach, Shaman King, One piece, <br />Games: Counter-Strike, Half-life, Need for speed underground 1 and 2,
Click to view battle stats
if u burned a perfect copy of a PS2 game cd will it work on ur ps2 with out a mod chip and does ps2 dvd load faster than cd's??

iq_132

iq_132

I do stuff people seem to like.

• User Admin
  • 2,298 posts
  • Interests:Developing for open-source emulation projects.
No. It won't work without a modchip. As for loading cds and dvds, I couldn't say. Most likely it loads cds faster (easier for the laser to read).

Prican25

Prican25

XB0X M0d\dd3R

• Ultra Members
  • 2,726 posts
actually dvds run better then cds. its well known that ps2 has a harder time reading cds then dvds (you can hear the difference).

bad dvdrips (dvds raped to cd) have been the main cause of a ps2's laser to die out quickly but not all dvd-rips are bad, just get the ones that are complete or near complete and avoid any that have a lot of bgm and vids missing.

Edited by Prican25, 31 March 2004 - 07:01 PM.

Inky

Inky

I ain't old, just out of date.

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 6,123 posts
  • Interests:rockabilly, psychobilly, punk rock, tattoos. I'm married so I don't like girls anymore! :)
no nead for a modchip bootdiscs work fine. you can either get a fliptop or make a slidecard. (google it for instructions) I've been using bootdiscs and a fliptop with no problems for 2 years.
I originally got the fliptop cuz my PS2 took a header off the entertainment center and the drawer wouldn't open all the way anymore. it came with the swapmagic bootdiscs and I haven't looked back since.

Shibathedog

Shibathedog

Dreamcast Lover

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 5,219 posts
I dont see why not to mod a PS2 because 1, games cant detect it (unless its a crappy one) 2, you play online, and they dont even know (my friend plays Socom II online all the time and its burned)

Ryuken

Ryuken

Shoryuken

• Ultra Members
  • 2,540 posts
  • Interests:Anime: Naruto, Bleach, Shaman King, One piece, <br />Games: Counter-Strike, Half-life, Need for speed underground 1 and 2,
so which 1's better? modchip or a bootdisc?

Wizard

Wizard

Da Flyin' Helmat Boy

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 12,101 posts
  • Interests:DELICIOUS TRAPS, DELICIOUS LOLIS, HEALTHY GIRLS, DELICIOUS CAKE.

THe CAKE IS REAL
I would say modchip, because with bootdisc you need a fliptop or a card holder.

Inky

Inky

I ain't old, just out of date.

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 6,123 posts
  • Interests:rockabilly, psychobilly, punk rock, tattoos. I'm married so I don't like girls anymore! :)
yeah the modchip is gonna be better, no swapping ect. but if you don't wanna solder or open your ps2 (void the warrenty) the swapmagic discs and a slide card a good alternative. I haven't run across any games that don't work with swapmagic yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users