I want to buy a new graphics card....

If strictly for emulation. there's really no point in getting a faster gfx card. Most emus make use of software rendering and even if they did 3D, it's simply for basic lighting and transparency effects. Your existing card probably suffices for that. You need a faster CPU.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That would concern him of getting new motherboard + CPU :/ SDRAM is still in :P As long as it isnt PC133. If you need to save on Cash, the Geforce 3/4 Series is recomendable with your CPU or an Radeon 7500-8500 or 9000 works too.

GryphonKlaw :

If that's the case your computer needs a serious tweaking.... I have a Pentium 3 = 650Mhz computer with a Geforce2MX and every 2D emulator (Including MAME) does not slow down. It only slows down with the dedicated 3D emulators such as Nebula Model 2 and Zinc. Perhaps your comp needs some extra RAM ?

Hmm...I see. What tweaks do you recommend?

I have 256 mb of DDR266. I need to get another stick. The games run fine in NeoRage with no slowdown, but it does in Nebula/Kawaks/MAME for some reason.

I used to have 512 of SDRAM but I switched out my motherboard with my dad.

"You could whore yourself out to 1000 fat chicks for $50 bucks a piece. Or 50 REALLY fat chicks for $10,000."

:P:lol:

- welcome to my world

I used to do that part time, but my fiancée wasn't feelin my part time job so i put my title down for someone else :lol:

anythin for a good videocard :P

Edited by -VIOLENCE-

But look how much more it costs!!!!

Notice how the P4 these days suck? Its because the P4 was originally made for RAMBUS! Thats why it owns :P I dont know where you're at, but RDRAM around here is cheap compared to DDR. $217 RDRAM 512 vs $325 DDR 512 :-D Expensive here