Login to Account Create an Account
Posted 27 February 2004 - 08:26 PM
I had surreal64 installed on my xbox. The appli runs without problem and finds the roms. Thus, once the prog loaded the rom and tries to run it, the screen turns black without emulating anything and I'va gotta reboot the console.
Here is what I've checked so far :
- that the roms are all ".v64" type
- that they have goog names (used GoodN64)
- that each emulator memory config were ignitial ones
- that my console clock gives good date and hour
- "in game reset" option turned off
Here is what I've tested on each emulator :
- rename the roms (with goodn64)
- unzip and then zip the rom back "properly"
- run zipped AND unzipped roms
- run the same game in different version (japanese, us et europeans), including v1.0 and v1.1
- downloaded other version of the emulator and remplaced the old one (including erasing any information about the old one in \tdata et \udata)
- try to run the emu in 50hz and 60hz (videomode switch)
I really dont know what to do now so that the roms get emulated...
Any idea ?
ps : excuse my english, I'm french
Posted 27 February 2004 - 08:44 PM
Posted 27 February 2004 - 09:01 PM
Posted 27 February 2004 - 10:53 PM
Posted 27 February 2004 - 11:46 PM
i suggest you flash it with 4981.06 (.67 if you got 250gb+) and make sure you bump the size to 512k using xbtool or use the dos command in the command window like so:
Copy /B Bios.bin+Bios.bin Newbios.bin
Posted 28 February 2004 - 08:56 AM
the "kernel version" only works if he has the hash for the bios in evox's ini which a lot of ppl don't do.
Actually, the kernel will work. I just reflashed my BIOS with a new one that had the eeprom embedded and I didn't put my MD5 hash in the ini so the BIOS version said "unknown", but the kernel version said 4980.06 (the 4981 bios still says it's 4980 due to the fact that the Xecuter guys forgot to change the internal designation).
So that's why I told him to look at the kernel and not the BIOS version.
Edited by Thraxen, 28 February 2004 - 08:56 AM.
Posted 28 February 2004 - 12:15 PM
I assume 4976 should be my bios version right ?
seems strange this bios raises any problem as it has longly been described to be a good one in the different readings I had...
Edited by TamTam13, 28 February 2004 - 01:01 PM.
Posted 28 February 2004 - 03:50 PM
Posted 28 February 2004 - 08:05 PM
just gotta take a deep breath and cross my fingers not to crash the console
I'll let you know if it solves the problem.
- - - - - - - -
BINGO ! works fine now. Thanks a lot for ur advice guys
Edited by TamTam13, 28 February 2004 - 10:59 PM.
Posted 08 March 2004 - 01:04 AM
Posted 09 March 2004 - 02:40 PM
btw thanks for the info
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users