Welcome to 1Emulation.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Shareaza for torrent

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

BobRedthorp

BobRedthorp

Huge Member!

• Premium Members
  • 317 posts
Click to view battle stats
I have just tried downloading a file from supnova through Shareaaza and it seems to be really fast, I could just be lucky but I will try to download more after this one and report back!

Cominus

Cominus

Airborne or nah

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 2,678 posts
  • Interests:I game bro
oh yeah, go to your shareza setting and change the "K/b's" to "K/B's" because it it says like "30K/bs" it really "3.0K/Bs" K/B being the regular download speed, it's like kilometers compared to miles.

BobRedthorp

BobRedthorp

Huge Member!

• Premium Members
  • 317 posts
Yeah, I know what you mean, but it downloaded 100MB under 40 mins! I have not downloaded that fast using bittorrent

BobRedthorp

BobRedthorp

Huge Member!

• Premium Members
  • 317 posts
I would say on average I have had speeds at about 150 to 200 Kb/s, well for this file anyway.

BobRedthorp

BobRedthorp

Huge Member!

• Premium Members
  • 317 posts
I spoke too soon, its staying around at a crappy 50Kb/s, guess its just as good as bittorrent really.

DanManXZ

DanManXZ

cuz Premium costs more.

• Premium Members
  • 293 posts

I spoke too soon, its staying around at a crappy 50Kb/s, guess its just as good as bittorrent really.

Yeah its just as good but it truley matters is that your connection speed is good and their connection speed (also, the amount of good seeders :D )

Shibathedog

Shibathedog

Dreamcast Lover

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 5,221 posts
i HATE, when there is only 1 seeder and then they log off when your download is at 99%

(im on dialup, takes ALL DAY, and right when your getting excited about your new game....BAM...it stops...this is why i download most of my crap at my friends houses where there is cable :D )

BobRedthorp

BobRedthorp

Huge Member!

• Premium Members
  • 317 posts

i HATE, when there is only 1 seeder and then they log off when your download is at 99%

(im on dialup, takes ALL DAY, and right when your getting excited about your new game....BAM...it stops...this is why i download most of my crap at my friends houses where there is cable ;) )

Yeah, I know exactly how you feel, I just got ADSL the other day and before that I just used to ignore downloading games, it was too stressful for me! ;)

Shibathedog

Shibathedog

Dreamcast Lover

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 5,221 posts
i still download smaller games here, my PC is usually online all day so i just keep it downloading (i have a V.92 modem so i dont miss any phone calls, where you can "pause the internet" take your call and "resume the internet")

im going to get ADSL soon from XMission i think, not sure exactly when and if im going to get it yet or not though, i dont pay the bills around here :ph34r:

another thing i hate: When stupid people that dont deserve it, and dont know jack about how to use it, get broadband, like those stupid AOLers, and people that actually know alot about computing and know how to use and take advantage of broadband, get stuck on dialup....

BobRedthorp

BobRedthorp

Huge Member!

• Premium Members
  • 317 posts
exactly! couldnt agree more!, but now I gotta pay £30 a month, lol

Cominus

Cominus

Airborne or nah

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 2,678 posts