Need help desperatly with my ePSXe emulator!

KevinWL

I was near the end of the 2nd disk of Final Fantasy 9 and i was preparing to go to sleep so i saved my game on 4 of the possible 5 slots (Just to be safe) on my ePSXe emulators virtual memory card i close the program and go to sleap and log on the next day and they are all gone! All of them! My whole memory card gone everything erased! Do any of you know what happend or how i can fix this problem? Any help would make me so so happy.

-Thank you

P.S. Please excuse my poor english it is not my first language.

Edited by KevinWL

Get a virtual memory card manager and do a search for all files called.mcr. These are your memcard files. Check them all with the manager for the FFIX savegames. Also, if you used the menu in ePSXe to save you only "saved state" so try going into file -- load state using ePSXe itself.

I hope you find your game.

The way i would save is i would F2 to select a slot to save on and F1 to save it to that slot. I dont know how to get them back. I tried going into the memory card option under config and tried selecting the 2 that were listed and still nothing showed having saved games on them. Could you recomend something else? I hope all the time i spent will not go to waste.

-Thank you

Here is the problem, you didn't save on your "memory card",you only used ePSXe's save state feature. I am not too sure but it is possible that you may not be able to load those save states after you quit the emulator. However if you can, the way to do it would be to go to "run -- load state " and choose that slot. I would reccommend, however, that you use the game itself to save the game to a "memory card", the same way you would with a ps memory card.

Im hoping its a bug and it can easily be fixed because there are plenty of files in my sstates folder just when i load up FF9 all my load slots are greyed out. I have no idea what happend. Hopefuly someone knows or has an idea of what to do and will get back to me