PS2 Boot

1. Do anyone know where I can find a ps2 boot disc (iso)?

2. Is it possible to burn the disc to work without the use of modchip?

Over a few days, I heard rumor saying that ps2 boot disc can be copy right and it work without using modchip to backup or any related modchip. All you need is CDWIN. I'm not sure if this is true, but if not then don't even read it further because it's just words that I heard and read online...... Not a pass test.....>>...

Those people who make the boot disc planned to make it error so that the ps2 can only read. To crack those codes, you must know C++ or something like that. Similar to it. Or you can crack those codes by having a program called "PSX Decrypter" which rip the codes out and remake the image then burn it with CDWIN.

Really, I only want ya to answer the two question.........Don't have to read the quote and stuff......

Well, from what I've heard of PS2 bootdiscs they either only work for PS-1 games, or they only work if you have a usb-port mod-chip. By the way, even if they did work, it is rather unlikely that downloading a ps2-boot disc would do anything, as the boot disc itself would be burned so the ps2 wouldn't recognise it. Sorry :mrgreen:

People who've used these things, feel free to correct me, but I think getting a modchip is your only hope (and those flash-card mod-chips aren't as compatible as the hardware ones and only work with certain games, etc.. etc...

• 1 month later...

I don't think I can order. Why? because USA here thinks it's illegal. I don't really know but you may enter here. They talk about supporting them to let government or congress to allow modchip saling or whatever.......If anyone knows how to burn it correct, I don't think we should buy it. In my opinion, if possible. Those who have bad experiences saling modchip should not sale. They should sale a paper or an instruction to burn psx/ps2 games correct if they know for sure (100% work without the need of a modchip)....I think the business will grow among their economic).

1. Do anyone know where I can find a ps2 boot disc (iso)?

2. Is it possible to burn the disc to work without the use of modchip?

Over a few days, I heard rumor saying that ps2 boot disc can be copy right and it work without using modchip to backup or any related modchip. All you need is CDWIN. I'm not sure if this is true, but if not then don't even read it further because it's just words that I heard and read online...... Not a pass test.....>>...

Those people who make the boot disc planned to make it error so that the ps2 can only read. To crack those codes, you must know C++ or something like that. Similar to it. Or you can crack those codes by having a program called "PSX Decrypter" which rip the codes out and remake the image then burn it with CDWIN.

Really, I only want ya to answer the two question.........Don't have to read the quote and stuff......

boot disc for playing PS1 imported and burned games on PS2(I have this and it works with most games, but not all, I'm having problems with Destrega, Street Fighter Collection Disk 2, Soul Blade, and with some games you have to boot multiple times just to make em work, for ex, Biohazard, and Rival Schools 2)

Boot Disc for playing ps2 imported / burned games on PS2 and fixes for incompatibilites can be found here (I'm gonna buy this one later in the year)

ANd no, well..I don't think, that you'll be put under investigation or something if you order these from the u.s. I live in the u.s, and from that site, the boot disc took like 5 days to get here (I live in California and it was shipped from Canada)

Well you have a couple of options as far as boot discs go:

PS1

Breaker Pro as mentioned above, or most any other game enhancing devices (Gameshark, Pro Action Replay, etc.). I use a Gameshark CDX 3.51 for my PS1 boot disc & it works great <_<

PS2 CD

Swap Magic PS2 CD Disc, or like the PS1 games, you can use PS2 game enhancing devices, since 99.9% of them come on PS2 CD's.

PS2 DVD

The only boot disc for PS2 DVD games that I know of is the Swap Magic PS2 DVD disc. I've heard rumors that for a short time a DVD PS2 gameshark was released but was swiftly cancelled....What I wouldn't pay to get ahold of one of those.....

Well you have a couple of options as far as boot discs go:

PS1

Breaker Pro as mentioned above, or most any other game enhancing devices (Gameshark, Pro Action Replay, etc.).  I use a Gameshark CDX 3.51 for my PS1 boot disc & it works great :-D

PS2 CD

Swap Magic PS2 CD Disc, or like the PS1 games, you can use PS2 game enhancing devices, since 99.9% of them come on PS2 CD's.

PS2 DVD

The only boot disc for PS2 DVD games that I know of is the Swap Magic PS2 DVD disc.  I've heard rumors that for a short time a DVD PS2 gameshark was released but was swiftly cancelled....What I wouldn't pay to get ahold of one of those.....

I use GameShark to boot my PS1 games, too. :( Also Get Swap Magic discs. They are very dependable.