An interesting reading for SNK's fans

lancerx

other sources tell GameSpot that SNK vs. Capcom: SVC Chaos likely will not be coming to the PlayStation 2 in North America. Another of SNK Playmore's games, Samurai Shodown 5, is also in doubt for the PS2 stateside, but SNK is tweaking the game and will apparently resubmit it to SCEA for approval<--too bad

I feel bad about it. I really want SvC Chaos and Samurai Shodown 5 to come State side so I don't have to order them. And I really hope SS5 makes it pass Sony's gaming testing. I don't want to get an Xbox just for SSV...

I feel bad about it. I really want SvC Chaos and Samurai Shodown 5 to come State side so I don't have to order them. And I really hope SS5 makes it pass Sony's gaming testing. I don't want to get an Xbox just for SSV...

dont you have the games already? why pay for them if its obvious that neither SNK nor sony want your money that badly.

dont you have the games already? why pay for them if its obvious that neither SNK nor sony want your money that badly.

Haha! You've got a point. I emulate because Europe never gets any new Neo-Geo releases on consoles (excluding Metal Slug 3 on the PSX).

Edited by Agozer

Hey, I still want to support the game developers them selves for making the games in the first place.

that whole thing about svc and ss5 for ps2...even if they were approved by the SCEA i dont think they'd sell very well. people wont shell out 40-50 dollars for a fighting game anymore, for the same price they can get a insanely deep game like gta or final fantasy.

i think they should focus on adding more features to their games to attract the audience that the new age consoles have made. a practice mode and codes for bosses wont cut it anymore (maybe for some of us fight fans, haha 8) ).

im thinking of something along the lines of the soul blade quest on soul blade for psx (and soul caliber for dc) or the world tour mode (i forgot what that mode is called) on sf alpha 3 on psx. hell, even the tekken force mode for tekken 3 was fun for a little while. and it necessarily dosent have to be something of these formats. the people at snk/playmore are geniuses, im sure they can think of something great.

if snk/playmore invested a little more time and money to cater for the console crowd, i think it would payoff.

last i heard about svc for ps2 was a june date but mslug3 might be gone but theres rumors of a mslug 3 & 4 set for ps2 soon

gamespot not too long ago reported about the new ssv and said that this version may get on ps2 along with a 3d kof to come out late this year in japan

xbox is defintely getting svc (i'm playing on xbox already tho with kawa-x 8) ) and mslug3 which gonna have more levels and vechiles

just to note, svc on ps2 (japanese version) isn't too bad they even enchanced some lil gfx detail and mai's boobs bounce without a cheat 8)

mslug3 on ps2 (japansese version) plays almost dead on if it weren't for some load times and lil slowdowns here and there.

even tho the games don't come out usa, you can always import the japanese verson as they'll get it before us

Edited by Prican25

i got the jap vers of cvs chaos for the ps2 and i prefer the neogeo one, as prican25, i play it in my xbox too as long of all others games as mslugs ones, if those game manage to get to north america i ¨might´be buying it only for the xbox because i want to play it online, xlink or live, it doesn´t matter.

well in xbox's case that may or may not happen. xbox has a real hard time selling in japan and if they don't sell well there, theres a low chance of it coming to usa. i think for sure sammys game (GGX Reloaded) will come to usa but thats a different topic hehe

Edited by Prican25