Streetfighter 3 Third Strike

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ah, Cps3? is it like games like marvel vs capcom 2 and stuff? and when do they think they are going to come out with an emulator for cps3?

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 uses NAOMI or Atomiswave, can't remember. CPS3 ain't gonna be emulated for a long long time.

I hope it is emulated soon but the odds are highly against it. I hope I live to see the emulation of those systems.

ah, Cps3? is it like games like marvel vs capcom 2 and stuff? and when do they think they are going to come out with an emulator for cps3?

as far as i know, CPS-3 is NOT Naomi. Naomi just had the power to run CPS-3 powered games (hence the DC ports).

Street Fighter 3 is CPS-3

Marvel vs Capcom 2 is Naomi

Assuming you are alive and kicking, I think you shall be fine. After all, the icarus emulator is nearing a public release, and apparently DreamEMU (or is it Dreamer?) is snapping on its heels. I reckon once an open-source Dreamcast emulator is released, Naomi emulation is not far behind. After all, I've been hanging around the Zinc forums waiting for the final release, and from reading those posts it seems that the Zinc emulator (which emulates the ZN-1, a Sony arcade system based on the playstation) was "easier" to code etc... because of the success of the PS1 emulators. Especially as psemu plugins only had to be altered a little so that they could work on zinc.

HOWEVER, this is from the guru's website:

"Received and dumped: Sega Rally Pro Drivin'. Thanks to B. Simpson.

I also dumped all the Naomi GDROMs I have. Each game dump is  1 Gigabyte so I can't possibly upload them to the DC/Naomi emulation guys on my crappy 56k modem. Anyone want to donate a DVD burner? :D)

So even when the naomi does get emulated, don't think you are going to be able to download as many games as you could for the Neo Geo!

As for the cps3, if (as I am assuming) the board is anything like the cps2 (which I am guessing it is), the only problem is the encryption. And once that is cracked, we should see successful cps3 emulators.

No, what I am waiting for (and it looks closer than both of these projects) is a "model 3" emulator. Once this is released, we will be able to play games like "virtua fighter 3" and "sega rally 2" on our pcs. There is a work in progress page with screenshots at http://www.system16.com/model3/

I gave up waiting for a CPS-3 Emulator to be released :huh:

I just went down to my local pawnshop and purchased one for $90 (I got a free VMU -> The Salesperson forgot to take out the VMU from the controller :lol:)

DC 4 Life....... :P

Thanks for the link to the Model 3 Emu WIP random guy.......Lets hope it gets released soon :P

Edited by ForceX

CPS-3 is not naomi. Capcom dumped CPS-3 because it sucked and was too limited. Namoi was way better all around so that's why Capcom totally abonded its previous board.

I'm pretty sure it isn't emulated anyhow due to lack of interest. I mean the only real popular thing made on the CPS-3 board was Street Fighter 3 and you can get all of those for Dreamcast with no problem. It wasn't like Killer Instinct were it's impossible to play the arcade version without emulation (SNES crappy port doesn't count). Street Fighter 3 I think turned away more fans then gained. When I went to the arcades in my area there was always these huges lines it seemed like for the latest CPS-2 fighter, but when SF3 came out there never was a long line at the machines. That's just from my observations.

When it gets harder to pick up Dreamcast and the discs for the games I could see it happening, but right now I doubt there's much interest. I'd rather see Naomi emulated anyhow.