Me and a friend about to do something awsome

probably not, the NES expects completly lagless, comepletly un encrypted/encoded data, it expects instant raw data, like a cartridge was in, so that probably wouldnt work

Couldnt you get a source to give your NES instant data?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Sorry, but using such big EEPROM's wouldnt work anyway. The NES cant adress more than 64KB of ROM without a mapper, and even then, not more than 1-2MB. 512MB is therefore just a dream :)

Yes, you could modify the NES very much, but then it probably wouldnt be much of a NES anymore :P

Besides, could you send me the HDD-code? I NEVER thougt it would be possible with a HDD in the NES, so please let me see it!

-Jaffe

Honest to god, was it really necessary to resurrect this? Whoever answered to this thread have long forgotten about it. Jeez.

More than a year old to boot.

Here's an idea... Not sure if it would work, but...

A cartridge connected to a parallel cable (or usb or serial or something..)  you could have it connected so that the pc recieves signals from the nes (which should already be emulated in NES emulators, maybe?) upon recieving the signal, the pc could send back the rom data the nes ask for.

Just a thought though...

What if the PC sends the wrong data ? or Will the Nes even be able to read the data like that?

Well, the NES is actually able to send and receive data from a parallell interfarce, either using one of the control ports with a supplied home-made cartridge, or soldering the parallell cable directly on the NES motherboard somewhere. Read here: http://www.bripro.com/low/hardware/devtendo/index.php

-Jaffe