Welcome to 1Emulation.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Do You Watch Anime?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Poll: Yay or Nay?

Yay or Nay?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

Gryph

Gryph

The K Man

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 14,666 posts
Click to view battle stats
I thought there were 3 of them that had ties together. Oh well, by then I stopped caring and just believed what my friend told me. Whatever it was, Ninja Ressurection sucked big time.

Thraxen

Thraxen

Needs Sunlight

• Premium Members
  • 635 posts
Yup.

Currently I'm keeping up with Naruto, Full Metal Alchemist, and Planetes. I love the availability of fansubs these days. You can watch a show just 1-2 days after it airs in Japan. Good stuff.

Agozer

Agozer

Board Script AI | 16-bit Corpse | The Mummy

• User Admin
  • 19,839 posts
  • Interests:Video games, plain and simple.

I thought there were 3 of them that had ties together. Oh well, by then I stopped caring and just believed what my friend told me. Whatever it was, Ninja Ressurection sucked big time.

There were three similar animes...The original Ninja Scroll and Ninja Resurrection...

Before you say that I can't do math: Ninja Resurrection was in two parts, The Revenge of Jubei and Hell's Spawn.

Both Ninja Scroll and Ninja Resurrection had a protagonist named Jubei (and looked very similar), but that wasn't the same Jubei.

Edited by Agozer, 06 February 2004 - 09:04 PM.

Gryph

Gryph

The K Man

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 14,666 posts

There were three similar animes...The original Ninja Scroll and Ninja Resurrection...

Before you say that I can't do math: Ninja Resurrection was in two parts, The Revenge of Jubei and Hell's Spawn.

Both Ninja Scroll and Ninja Resurrection had a protagonist named Jubei (and looked very similar), but that wasn't the same Jubei.

Oh well then I'm at fault. Doesn't matter though because only Ninja Scroll was good.

I remember some flockhead told me that the Jubei from Samurai Showdown is the Jubei in Ninja Scroll. I wanted to slap him.

ovalprocess

ovalprocess

silicone lifeform

• Premium Members
  • 148 posts
gryphon you might like the "new" ghost in the shell: stand alone complex tv series that just finished airing in japan.

Gryph

Gryph

The K Man

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 14,666 posts
Alright, I'll watch it if and when I get my hands on it. Thanks for the tip. I'll be on the look out for it.

Sturmvogel

Sturmvogel

Amateur Suicide Pilot

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 1,479 posts
  • Interests:Living...
Yeah I watch decent amount, but school and an aging comp. have hindered me a bit.

Some awesome series to checkout:

Vandread..spectacular!!
Vision of Escaflowne
Witch Hunter Robin
Naruto
Inuyasha (surprised no one mentioned this!!)
Hellsing (yeah its well known now..)
Junni Kokki...just spectacular
Rahxephon (like Eva but weirder)
Heat Guy Jay (cool show, about a suave detective and his robot companion, kinda like Cowboy Bebop)

Edited by Sturmvogel, 07 February 2004 - 12:22 AM.

Captain FuKu

Captain FuKu

Proud Fan

• Premium Members
  • 438 posts

You guys buy the original american DVDs?

I buy the Korean and Chinese versions that have a 26 episode series on 3 discs. Only $30 for Cowboy Bebop in both languages is a mighty good deal to me! :D

That sounds suspicious. You need to watch out for bootlegs -- espcially in places like China.

AntiWinner22

AntiWinner22

I'm A Loser.

• Premium Members
  • 767 posts
Why do some of you care of what gets "mainstream?" Does that make the anime less of great?

For example, Cowboy Bebop is everywhere now. Cowboy Bebop is synonimous for great anime. So, since it is well known, does it suck more? I don't believe so.

Anyway, does anyone know if GunGrave will come out in Eng Dub? I like Eng Dub more because I pay more attention to the screen and artwork and story, rather that the letters at the bottom of my screen.

Anon.

Wizard

Wizard

Da Flyin' Helmat Boy

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:DELICIOUS TRAPS, DELICIOUS LOLIS, HEALTHY GIRLS, DELICIOUS CAKE.

THe CAKE IS REAL
China has been known for bootlegging tons, and I mean tons of shizzle. And Naruto is the own. But i stopped following the show and just read the manga now.

Weirdy

Weirdy

life...is like a box of chocolates

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 7,291 posts

Why do some of you care of what gets "mainstream?" Does that make the anime less of great?

For example, Cowboy Bebop is everywhere now. Cowboy Bebop is synonimous for great anime. So, since it is well known, does it suck more? I don't believe so.

Anyway, does anyone know if GunGrave will come out in Eng Dub? I like Eng Dub more because I pay more attention to the screen and artwork and story, rather that the letters at the bottom of my screen.

Anon.

I agree....its not like its T.V or musik where you hate it cause its mainstream. Anime is just...anime

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users