Welcome to 1Emulation.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

XBOX Modding... 2 Little 2 Late?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

AntiWinner22

AntiWinner22

I'm A Loser.

• Premium Members
  • 767 posts
Click to view battle stats
I want to get into the modding scene for the XBOX (as I am upgrading my PC, so might as well upgrade my X).

Am I a bit to late to jump on the band wagon? I hope I am not! :rolleyes:

Vermillion

Vermillion

• Members+
  • 99 posts
No way, you're never too late!!

However I'm thinkin' the prices of Xboxes might drop within' the next 4 months or so.

Also the initial investment of modded Xboxes is kinda expensive since you gotta buy the Console, Hard Drive, and Modchip (in most cases).

I'm sure everyone who has modded theirs agrees it was a worthwhile investment.

I know mine sure has been!! ^_^

AntiWinner22

AntiWinner22

I'm A Loser.

• Premium Members
  • 767 posts
Anybody mind giving this XBOX emulation noob a guide? ^_^

Anon.

Prican25

Prican25

XB0X M0d\dd3R

• Ultra Members
  • 2,726 posts
head on over to www.xbox-scene.com plenty of n00b advise if thats what you're lookin for

Inky

Inky

I ain't old, just out of date.

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 6,123 posts
  • Interests:rockabilly, psychobilly, punk rock, tattoos. I'm married so I don't like girls anymore! :)
When I got into it I got a refurbished x-box. the money saved payed for the chip. then I formatted and tore out a hdd from an old pc I had. not huge but I have 40gigs for just roms I keep most everything else on disk. and prican25 is right xbox-scene is a great place to learn about what your x-box is really capable of.

SenatorIvy

SenatorIvy

Novice

• Members
  • 40 posts
Make sure you read through all the tutorials and faqs. Xbox-scene has low tolerance for the "I don't want to read" crowd.

GLiTcH

GLiTcH

Proud Fan

• Premium Members
  • 257 posts

When I got into it I got a refurbished x-box. the money saved payed for the chip. then I formatted and tore out a hdd from an old pc I had. not huge but I have 40gigs for just roms I keep most everything else on disk. and prican25 is right xbox-scene is a great place to learn about what your x-box is really capable of.

true
just dont ask about sites where you can d/l emus n other stuff.. made with xdk.. (Xbox Development Kit)

Prican25

Prican25

XB0X M0d\dd3R

• Ultra Members
  • 2,726 posts
also don't mention anything about any hexed version of kawa-x, you will be banned for it so keep that talk here

Inky

Inky

I ain't old, just out of date.

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 6,123 posts
  • Interests:rockabilly, psychobilly, punk rock, tattoos. I'm married so I don't like girls anymore! :)
isn't it wierd when a place will let you can talk about illegal software that was made with M$'s xdk but you can't talk about the same software hacked.

I don't mess with thier forums anyways. Just read the tutorials and faqs.
especially for the chip you will be using, evolutionX, and how to use #xbins

Edited by garageink, 06 February 2004 - 09:06 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users