Home made arcade cabbies

Wizard

I'm having a trouble finding the right sources for building a arcade cabinet. More technicly, teh mame cabinet !!!1111!

I was wonding if you people care to help me out, and when its done, expect pics! Or possibly ownage if i ever get Kaillera working :). Building it will be the own when its done =D

Well, yeah, building an arcade cabinet. I already have the joysticks, i just want to know how to build the cabinet. BTW Jamma boards are expensive, thats why i'd rather use my pc to emlate them.

i just built a mame cabinet, its currently in the process of being painted. i'll post some pics when i get to one of my computers.

in answer to your question tho, if you know what size tv or monitor you want to use, then design it yourself. i used the plans at www.doesyourroomsuck.com and modified them to suit my height and whatnot. i also decided that it wasnt necessary to have a marquee on it, so i chopped the top half of the cabinet off. its basically a tv stand with a nice control panel. to build the cabinet itself has costed me somewhere around $200, and that doesnt include the tv, joystick and buttons, or the pc in it.

good luck bro, and post some pics to let me see your progress!

Edited by ovalprocess

I'm using the Xarcade two player joystick set I won from a LAN party a while back. I just want to build a cabinet now, since i got most of the internal already (extra comp good enough for mame and winkawaks, TV, mouse, video card that was s-video). Xarcade joysticks you can get at www.x-arcade.com for 100 bucks USD + s&h. I like the quality of them, very responsive, I currently use it with my dreamcast and sometimes my PC if i'm up to moving it.

http://www.x-arcade.com/images/newimages/t.../twoplayer1.jpg <- thats the joystick i have.

thats really cool I like the way you got your buttons set up! I've been thinking about doing something like this for awhile but I don't wanna start untill I have a house, I'd hate to move it to another upstairs apartment. heheheh. anyways inybody with one of these post those pics!

Good luck on your project K'dash

Hello all,

I've been recently following this forum and found a lot a great information and sites and I haven't had to much to contribute.

I hope this post is a stepping stone for me...

I found this site way back when and funny b/c its everything K'dash is looking for i hope. I'm not affiliated with this website just found it one day while surfing the net.

This andy has some great ideas, enjoy!

Andy Knosp's MAME Cabinet

Gino :blink: