MAME Cheats

Anyone know how to put cheats for mame?

isn't there a giant cheat zip like kawaks

for mame?

B) MORTAL KOMBAT II is hard :(

Well, there's Pugsy's cheats.

Just unzip it and put cheat.dat in the same folder as MAME.exe

It's a little outdated though. There are no cheats for newer games. Usually all the games after Rage of the Dragons, which does have preliminary cheats in Pugsy's newest release. Google searches can get you cheats for newer games. I've got a few, I could e-mail you some if I've got em. All you do is open cheat.dat with a text editor and paste new cheats at the end of the file.

thanks, the codes work :lol:

• 1 year later...
It's a little outdated though. There are no cheats for newer games. Usually all the games after Rage of the Dragons, which does have preliminary cheats in Pugsy's newest release. Google searches can get you cheats for newer games. I've got a few, I could e-mail you some if I've got em. All you do is open cheat.dat with a text editor and paste new cheats at the end of the file.

Yes your right its out dated.

I'm seeking all the cheats for strider 2.

Do you have them ? if so , can you give them to me , it would be very much appreciated ?

p.s

I already have pugsy's cheat.dat. so it would be no trouble to add them in my file.

Thanks in advance

Do you have them ? if so , can you give them to me , it would be very much appreciated ?

p.s

I already have pugsy's cheat.dat. so it would be no trouble to add them in my file.

Thanks in advance

Go here: http://haggar.emuunlim.com. I don't know how much that helps, but it's a start.

p.s

Thanks in advance

Go here: http://haggar.emuunlim.com. I don't know how much that helps, but it's a start.

Thanks for your reply , but this cheat.dat does'nt include the cheats for strider 2.

*waiting patiently for Agozer to reply*

Meanwhile if anyone else think that they can help , please feel free to post your anwsers.

According to this there are no cheats: http://www.mameworld.net/maws/romset/strider2

Go to the bottom. I don't know if that's still true though.

According to that, it really does not have any cheats...so you must request them.

Ok thanks but i found it by downloading the mame32 version HP4.91ui1

it comes with it along with a command.dat which is really useful , it shows all the move that you can do in a game.

My problem now is the snap (screenshot) i can't see them in this version ,anyone can help please?

I put my snaps in the good directory , i have enable the view in the view options , where you enable the icon , cabinet...

I can see everything just fine except the screenshots ???