Well, since KOF2003 is emulated..

Funny part is that I haven't really heard much about the Atomisware. Has any screens of what it can do be shown? That isn't what the new Guilty Gear game is running off of (4-player one) is it?

KOF has style, but they really gotta upgrade with the times. KOF2003, I mean has a TON of animation in it, but with transparencies the chi moves would look so much sweet. That's one thing I always loved about SNK fighters, SNK is more creative then Capcom. You would never see a Capcom fighter with a charcter's who's hand englufs in flames and he uses his hand for some form of attack.

I totally agree with the arcade comment above. That's how it is in my arcade now. The only SNK game they got in there is Metal Slug 2 and Rage of the Dragons, and we all know about the extremely quality of a fighter RotD is. :lol:

Edited by Lightsier

here in sweden... the 2d fighting is forgotten.. except for me then that is an new old schooler or something like that hehe. people realy love 3D these days. but in japan its a different story..(where everything began). yes new hardware is good but then you cant play it on kalliera :lol: in maby 5 years you can.. and still everything on the emu scene is about classic gaming not fresh dead or alive or anything else. its damn great that fresh games comes with kalliera support.. but after this realease of kof2003.. i believe it was the last time an fresh game came to an emulator that supports kaliera(except for playstation 1)

here in sweden... the 2d fighting is forgotten.. except for me

Same here in Finland. I haven't been into any arcades lately, but last time there weren't many 2D fighters....I got a chance to play KOF2002 in a dedicated cabinet when the GameOn convention visited Helsinki.

totally agree with the arcade comment above. That's how it is in my arcade now. The only SNK game they got in there is Metal Slug 2 and Rage of the Dragons, and we all know about the extremely quality of a fighter RotD is.

I actually quite like Rage of the Dragons. The first time I saw it I was like "what the...who decided that it'd be a good idea to combine Bust A Move with a fighting game?" but I reckon the graphics are cool. I like the really cartoony graphics, although Power Instinct Matrimelee has more cartoony graphics and is also a better fighting game I think (I like that every character can double-jump in the air, for example).

I never liked Rage of the Dragons. It seemed like to me it had a half assed combo system and the rushes I thought were highly stupid. I enjoyed Martimelee alot more! Sometimes I just can't help but laugh when playing Martimelee becaues it doesn't take itself seriously at all.

I never liked Rage of the Dragons.  It seemed like to me it had a half assed combo system and the rushes I thought were highly stupid.  I enjoyed Martimelee alot more!  Sometimes I just can't help but laugh when playing Martimelee becaues it doesn't take itself seriously at all.

Matrimelee is gold in the joke department. The kind of awkward super move input system rubbed me the wrong way, though. Rage of the Dragons had some kick-ass music and the Duplex Combos were great.... And it had quite a steep difficulty level too.

To this day, I haven't been able to beat Johann without cheats.

Edited by Agozer

If you didn't know SNKplaymore is putting all their major game departments into Sammy's hands. That means, Sammy will develop the games from KOF2007 and on and put it on their hardware and SNKplay more will just get sales.

If you didn't know SNKplaymore is putting all their major game departments into Sammy's hands. That means, Sammy will develop the games from KOF2007 and on and put it on their hardware and SNKplay more will just get sales.

Well they better do a good job it. I've played some Guilty Gear and their pretty good. I hope they don't make RADICAL changes.

Well they better do a good job it. I've played some Guilty Gear and their pretty good. I hope they don't make RADICAL changes.

Guilty Gear X2 > *

I just hope that all the animations are atleast Garou level when Sammy takes control of KOF. Have you ever played Garou and just kept pausing the game when looking at Terry's Burning Fist? There's so much going on with after flashes, dust effects, and the whole movement. If they can bring that all over with tranparencies it will be totally mind blowing to watch.

Who knows, maybe Sammy will give Terry back his Rising Tackle!

Also, whoever thought up Terry's one super move ("Aaaare you okay?") is a damn genious. That move is so cool! It's only given proper justice when done in Garou, SvC and KOF2003 sorta toned down the animation with it.