Welcome to 1Emulation.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

off topic: console price cuts!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Inky

Inky

I ain't old, just out of date.

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 6,123 posts
  • Interests:rockabilly, psychobilly, punk rock, tattoos. I'm married so I don't like girls anymore! :)
Click to view battle stats
just seen this at an xbox site:

:ph34r:
Microsoft's Xbox may be on the verge of a substantial price cut, falling from $179 to $99 by Labor Day, according to P.J. McNealy, an analyst with American Technology Research.
"It is our belief that the price on the consoles in North America could see a stepped drop this year, with both the PS2 and Xbox being cut to $129 between now and the May E3 trade show, with [Microsoft] then cutting the Xbox further to $99 in the late summer," he wrote in a research note released Wednesday.

:ph34r:

good news for those in the market for a new console! if the big two go to $99 by summer GC will have to drop to the $59 dollar range to survive.

Prican25

Prican25

XB0X M0d\dd3R

• Ultra Members
  • 2,726 posts
$129 i can see (its been rumored for months now) but $99 from M$ i highly doubt even its late summer but maybe in the fall towards black friday/christmas

Wizard

Wizard

Da Flyin' Helmat Boy

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 12,103 posts
  • Interests:DELICIOUS TRAPS, DELICIOUS LOLIS, HEALTHY GIRLS, DELICIOUS CAKE.

THe CAKE IS REAL
$99 bucks for the Xbox is too risky for M$, I say it will drop to $129. It did well for the GameCube, got ahead of both the PS2 and Xbox for about a week before dropping to second then back to third.

Inky

Inky

I ain't old, just out of date.

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 6,123 posts
  • Interests:rockabilly, psychobilly, punk rock, tattoos. I'm married so I don't like girls anymore! :)
Even at $129 it would make it awful hard on the big N to keep up. they are basicly giving thier hardware away, as it is with the bundles and low price. Sony and MS won't be happy until Nintendo goes the way of Sega.

But then again Nintendo prolly won't be happy until it brings out another system with a totally haggard controller. heheh

random guy

random guy

What the hell are YOU staring at?

• Ultra Members
  • 1,964 posts
  • Interests:Emulation *duh*
    BASS guitar.
Well, I have heard that console makers generally lose money on their consoles and want to get it back in games. The thing about this is, if they're losing money when the console is (here a new console usually comes out at about $700AUD) selling for full price, they'll REALLY be losing out at these prices.
No wonder Sega havegiven up on the console race!

BTW K'dash, why does your sig say, "do you mean, here?" over and over again?

Edited by random guy, 30 January 2004 - 12:22 AM.

solidius23

solidius23

The Cult of Personality

• 2,861 posts
if u guys are into stocks the price drops will happen to sell as many units before the new consoles come out in the next 2 yrs they have made all the major bucks on the systems all teh revenue is on the games now so the 129 by E3 then 99 for the holidays is gonna happen
sony is banking on the psp this holiday not the ps2, xbox is relying on halo 2 and a few other titles along with their redisigned and smaller xbox also sony is gonna release a smaller ps2 later this yr that may be the 99 dollar model for christmas.

DreamCastLover

DreamCastLover

ĐR€ĹMÇŧT ]v[ŘD

• Premium Members
  • 891 posts
$99 is great value for an Xbox. Even if you don't like the games it's worth it for the emulators and the homebrew stuff. 2004 has some nice looking releases coming though I think

Ninja Gaiden :(

Rag

Rag

Spoony Bard

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 1,933 posts
Super Nintendo and Regular Nintendo are still kinda pricy. I can get a DC for like $25, but Nintendo costs like 40-50.

Even some gameboy games, like Megaman, it was like $40... kinda odd coming from somewhere like Gamestop, but I guess not since it was and sorta is still popular.

$99 sounds nice for an Xbox, real nice. I got my Gamecube a while ago, I think I payed $130ish.

-VIOLENCE-

-VIOLENCE-

Fashion Photographer*~ I Make Anorexia CHIC!

• Premium Members
  • 873 posts
  • Interests:The Arts [Commercial Illustration , Digital Image , Gothic High Renaissance] , Photography , Video Game , Computer , Chocolates , Reading , Spanking , S&M , Jean Paul Gaultier Jewellery , Shopping, MAXin Credit Cards, ETC.
i'd like to buy a gamecube for 49 dollars :angry:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users