Welcome to 1Emulation.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Anyone used ZinC before?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Lightsier

Lightsier

Proud Fan

• Premium Members
  • 101 posts
Click to view battle stats
EX1 was cool. EX2 was less cool. EX3 was super uncool.

Htown

Htown

Newbie Poster

• Members
  • 6 posts
I got zinc a couple weeks ago, for the sole purpose of finally playing Strider 2. It made me happy.

Agozer

Agozer

Board Script AI | 16-bit Corpse | The Mummy

• User Admin
  • 19,839 posts
  • Interests:Video games, plain and simple.

I got zinc a couple weeks ago, for the sole purpose of finally playing Strider 2.  It made me happy.

ZiNc sole purpose is to emulate those games that werent emulated in The Impact :D
Just kidding, ZiNc works wonders, but it's still slower than The Impact.

random guy

random guy

What the hell are YOU staring at?

• Ultra Members
  • 1,964 posts
  • Interests:Emulation *duh*
    BASS guitar.
Actually, I have been looking into these things, and Zinc supports 3-5 times the games the Impact does. Unfortunately, it is going to be discontinued after a final release :D. Which is a shame as it seems that if they kept working on it, it would one day be able to emulate Tekken Tag Tournament, and some other cool games which have been dumped by "The Guru". Apparently, TTT can already be emulated in MAME (although how well I have yet to see as my PC sucks by today's standards), and it sounds as if the protection is being cracked as we speak. If only Zinc weren't going to die, I could see it doing good things.

Hopefully they'll release the source code when they have finished with it, so that fans can continue working on it!

Agozer

Agozer

• User Admin
  • 19,839 posts

Actually, I have been looking into these things, and Zinc supports 3-5 times the games the Impact does. Unfortunately, it is going to be discontinued after a final release  :D. Which is a shame as it seems that if they kept working on it, it would one day be able to emulate Tekken Tag Tournament, and some other cool games which have been dumped by "The Guru". Apparently, TTT can already be emulated in MAME (although how well I have yet to see as my PC sucks by today's standards), and it sounds as if the protection is being cracked as we speak. If only Zinc weren't going to die, I could see it doing good things.

Hopefully they'll release the source code when they have finished with it, so that fans can continue working on it!

Indeed, ZiNc supports more games that The Impact. This was the intention of the developers. As of late, DynaChicken will not be releasing the source code to the public.

montpics

montpics

Needs Sunlight

• Premium Members
  • 537 posts
  • Interests:Gaming
Had to agree more on this. It would be shame for not continue the development on ZinC as it gave more promising results previously.

Prican25

Prican25

XB0X M0d\dd3R

• Ultra Members
  • 2,726 posts
Tekken Tag Tournament on PS2 is better then the arcade version ( as is Soul Caliber for DC better then the arcade) but my sure its for a collector to have :D

Lightsier

Lightsier

Proud Fan

• Premium Members
  • 101 posts
Dreamcast was the first game I ever played where the console version totally blew away the arcade version. I was amazed!

To me, that was the death of arcades. I haven't been as big into arcades since that era.

Shattr'd Xistence

Shattr'd Xistence

Novice

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • Location:a dark lonely corner of a place called heaven flooded by my tears
  • Interests:Why do you care, i am nothingness, like vapour, see yourself through ones eyes who are not closed to it all, and see yourself, destroying it all
Zinc is getting discontinued?!!?!? D@mN <_<.Is there Zinc emulation on the xbox? my pc sux eggs, so i wouldnt mnd playing sfex1 and 2 at the correct speed.

Agozer

Agozer

• User Admin
  • 19,839 posts

Zinc is getting discontinued?!!?!? D@mN :).Is there Zinc emulation on the xbox? my pc sux eggs, so i wouldnt mnd playing sfex1 and 2 at the correct speed.

No. Hey, my comp runs those games at 50% or less speed. But do I complain? No way. They're sort of just slowed down a bit (not skipping in any way). <_< At least the thing works.

Edited by Agozer, 08 March 2004 - 10:24 PM.

Shattr'd Xistence

Shattr'd Xistence

Novice

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • Location:a dark lonely corner of a place called heaven flooded by my tears
  • Interests:Why do you care, i am nothingness, like vapour, see yourself through ones eyes who are not closed to it all, and see yourself, destroying it all
$H!T!!!!!! No Zinc on xbox, and well, heres how crappy my comps is, sfex2, not plus, runs at anywhere from 5-17 fps during gameplay, when the menus and all are loading i get about 50 fps.My comps really screwwy(it runs any 2d rom perfectly) well, i can just hope that Zinc gets an xbox port.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users