What do you think of this joystick?

Gryph

I would build my own but my class work takes precidence. I want to go to med school so I have to keep my 4.0 GPA. I might build one during spring break but I don't think it'll work as good as a manufactured one. The X-Arcade ones are way too expensive.

I've never heard of Saulabi and couldn't find a website so I'm just paranoid that it's a scam.

I looked at some site of home made arcade sticks and they don't look too great. Not too shabby, but they look really homemade. If I could only find my damn Sidewinder that I lost!! It's weird, when I didn't need it, it was always there. Now that I need it, it's flocking gone!

to build a single player pc joystick the way it needs to be built, it will cost you more than you'll pay even for a two-player x-arcade (i.e. over $100). trust me, i built a hacked joystick for my xbox, and more recently, a mame cabinet.

you are looking at:

$20 for a joystick and buttons from happ

$50 for a keyboard encoder

$10 for wood

$5-10 in assorted hardware

$5-10 for paint/stain/whatever

and that doesnt include putting plexiglass under the buttons, and certainly not the pretty overlay that goes under that (those cost me $15 and $30, respectively). there are certainly ways to make the project cheaper, but like you said, they end up looks very "home made".

Ah...thanks for the info oval. Much needed and appreciated. I wish I could see and use one of these in person. I want to be able to see if it fits on my desk (very small) and doesn't hinder the view of my monitor.

you wanna see a killer joystick?

Hotrod Joystick

and it's 10x better than the X-Arcade one.

Unforuntately it's only for PC, and it's PS2 (the only 2 drawbacks)...

I want to stick to Xarcade because i got it for free, and they support more system's then Hotrod's. And those are the same joysticks you see at your local arcade if you played CvS2 (the cab is a Hanaho).