Worth combining emulated games under 1 emulator?

I have 8 folders holding my emulated games, I have my SNES, n64, maim, nebula, winkakis?, neo geo, neo geo hack ver., and Zink games

I have everything I want in working order, but do the rest of you think it would be worth your or my time to combine and test all my games together under one emulator? Or is it just better to keep them all separate to keep compatibility between emulators. (at least maim, nebula, win kawkas?, neo geo, neo geo hack ver, and zink games) cause I know my hacked win kawkas plays ms5 and ss5 and most but not all of my neo geo games and so and support a lot of cps1 and 2 games.

Any way, just wanted to see some opinions. Thx

If you really want my opinion, No.

If you really want to play all emulated games in one emulator, use MAME. But then again, I've never been a big fan of MAME, versatile or not. I have separate emulators for NES, SNES, N64, Neo-Geo, ZiNc games, Neo-Geo Pocket, Amiga, PC-86x, Sega Genesis, Sega CD, Gameboy, Gameboy Advance.... For the few arcade roms I have, that don't fall into any categories I mentioned above, I use RAINE.

I'm quite used to the fact that I have multiple emulators.

Edited by Agozer

I've made a point of getting multiple emulators for each system (for PSX I have ePSXe, adriPSX and PCSX). With the earlier consoles I have picked an emulator and ran with it (GENS for Sega plays MegaDrive, 32x & SegaCD games - why'd I want anything else?) and the later consoles usually seem to force a favourite at me (Project64 is the only N64 emulator I have had complete success with booting my 64 games).

The only problem with having multiple emulators is that often the key configuration is going to be different, but for me this is only a problem with my arcade games, and that's only cause I can't figure out how to change the controls for Nebula.

Edited by random guy

Well, MAME has always been too massive for me and I don't like to tear my hair out with multiple romsets for god knows how many systems. Also, the sheer amount of options in MAME is just overwhelming. :P

All kidding aside, I must give props to the MAME Team for creating this emulator. Although it's not my favourite, it deserves recognition and always will.

Edited by Agozer