SNES Rom Checker/Verifier

Hey, I got a group of SNES roms together that I was planning to put on a web site I was making, but I wanted to make sure they were perfect working copies before I spread around bad versions on the net. I used GoodSNES to rename them, and tried them out in SNES9x. They seemed to play fine, but I've heard that GoodSNES sometimes messes up. Is this enough to check them, or are there other tools I might use? Thanks!

Thanks, Agozer.  I searched for the site, found it, and got it working.  For some reason, many of the roms now have different file names (other than.smc).  Does it matter what the file types are?  What's the difference?

The extension really don't matter...Perhaps they are just dumped using different copiers, but I wouldn't know.

Okay, solved the issue (if you can call it that) with the file types. The rom header determined the file type, but when removed with NSRT, they're all.SFC. Anyone know of a tool to edit the internal cart name shown in NSRT, and when you first start the game in an emulator?

You can fiddle with the cart in various way by using SNES Explorer gotten from http://www.zophar.net. But by doing this, you compromise the integrity of the rom and you might screw up the checksum = corrupt rom.

The header has very little to do with the actualy rom extension.

By the way, NSRT 3.1 has been released by Nach.

Edited by Agozer