xbox

Mechjose

Well i have a matrix no solder mod-chip, got it about a year ago, was easy to put in and get working, a great chip imo even if other people (who most likely have not even tested it) might say. and my xbox has fell, been smacked, stud on, kicked, and my chip has not come out of place once.

PROS:

Easy to install.

Works with everything i put in it.

Easy to flash the bios from evo-x.

Has an on and off switch.

CONS:

The off switch is inside the case so the xbox needs to be opened when you wanna turn it off.

Can only hold a 256k bios (but thanks to PBL you don't need to worry about this no more cos you have over 8 gb bios space thanks to that :D.

Well thats all i can think of.

I have and Excuter 2.2 lite. But i just put in the new X2.3b lite. They both work great. It wasn't that hard at all to install. The way i went to install it was to solder the wires into the mother board. I had never soldered before that point,and it really wasn't hard at all. I'm using the Xecuter2.4979 bios. If you want to research this, check out this web site. It should have all the answers to any of your questions.

xbox-scene

come on modchips are a waste of time for everyone... just use a TSOP flash its cheap and all you have to do is soder 2 points together.. easier than any modchip out there i've done this mod about 24 times and recommend it over any modchip

and the best bios is the newest executor2 bios. they've finally finished develping it so it is... well perfect kinda depends on what you call perfect but its the newest one and i use it over everything else..

the best site out there is www.xbox-scene.com they explain everything and have tsop tutorials (only thing is you need some acces to an already modded exbox to get a save off the internet)

and they even have a diagram that tells you the diffrenece of all the bios

TSOP is only good if you Don't want to use Xbox Live cuz if you do it and try live, you'll be banned :P

i myself have an X2 lite 2.1 which was easy as it can get (easy as one of thoses radio shack projects if you ever did one) the latest bios (4980) from x2 has a minor prob for some ppl but theres a easy fix thats in xbox-scene's forum and after that is done you're set.

another note, one other good thing with mods is that you get banks for the bios (TSOP is overwriting the xbox's main bios) like my x2 lite has 2 banks of 512kb, that means i can have 2 different bios in 2 banks and with the lite mods coming with a switch adapter that attaches right under the first controller port, you pick which bank to load from :)

Edited by Prican25

I never did see the point in having more then 1 bios??, anyone care to explane

I have been setting up modded Xboxes for my friends, and alot of them aren't very tech savy, or have kids. Here is how I set up a duel BIOS system for them. I have BIOS bank 1 boot an evox off of the C partition that has all features enables (Flash Bios, Backup, Boxplorer, Xbox FTP...the works). That's for me "The Tech Guy" or the grownups to use. Then I set up BIOS bank 2 so it boots an Evox off of the F partition. That Evox only shows Xbox Games....that's it.....nothing for them or there kids to screwup.

I have thought of making a CD-R version of Evox that "unlocks" all the things that can get messed up. A sort of help / unlock disk, but I've found the 2 bios banks to be better since there is no worries of losing it like a CD.

hmm that to me makes no sence to give them the same dash twice, i would rather give avalaunch dash to ppl who aren't very tech savy cuz it doesn't include a flashing option and its easier for them to use

the main point of the 2 banks is one as a backup just in case of the worst, so my advise would be to put a stable bios in the second bin

Edited by Prican25

If you have a version 1.0 or a 1.1 you can use multiple TSOPs the old microsoft bioses are 1 meg. the new ones are smaller about 256.... i think...

with anymod chip you can't use xbox live. microsoft has some new stuff that deletes anything one the c drive it doesn't like when you connect... the only way to do it is to have a second harddrive just for xbox live.. we where tyring to do it with this one xbox and gave up.. or maybe i'm just a moron

also from what i can gahter froma copule of buddies is that the new x2 bios the 4980 won't even allow you to connect to xbox live. if you want xbox live you goign to need another xbox. thats what i've always done.. other than that TSOP flashing is easy fun and pain free... i emphasise free