FF Anthology, FF Chronicles, & Xenogears

i'd actually have agreed wtih you if you said any square game pre psx.

Well, IT IS a matter of taste, isn't it? B)

You're saying that you haven't liked any Square games since they started on the PSX? :(

I only played Xenogears on my PC (it ran considerably faster than on the PS) and from what I got from playing Chrono Trigger (my favorite) from FF Chronicles on the PS was considerable loading times as compared to the original SNES version. I haven't played the FF's though.

It seems like everyone forgets Final Fantasy V. It's a great game, and I don't really see why it goes mostly ignored.

On my copy of FFVI, I couldn't get past Vargas because the Blitz wouldn't work. I had a friend who had beaten it come over and try it, and it wouldn't let him do it, either. I guess my copy is bugged. Oh well.

i'd actually have agreed wtih you if you said any square game pre psx.

Well, IT IS a matter of taste, isn't it? :D

You're saying that you haven't liked any Square games since they started on the PSX? :D

well i have, but not the over hyped ones.

like i LOVED legend of mana

but to me games like ff7 were more mainstream than they were hardcore, and they were over hyped.

seriously, graphics aside, compare a game like ff7 or ff8 to any ff game that came before it.

It seems like everyone forgets Final Fantasy V. It's a great game, and I don't really see why it goes mostly ignored.

On my copy of FFVI, I couldn't get past Vargas because the Blitz wouldn't work. I had a friend who had beaten it come over and try it, and it wouldn't let him do it, either. I guess my copy is bugged. Oh well.

The Blitz should work....I forgot the combination.... :D

Alright! Now that the forums are finally back... :(

Here's an update: I was able to get Chronicles and Xenogears a couple of days ago -- wasn't able to get Anthology since it was currently out of stock, but picked up there last copy of Chronicles. :lol:

I've mainly been playing FFIV, and from playing, I get the impression that the changes were for the better. Basically it is much more difficult from the snes version, and the dialogues have been altered in a way that it flows much better and it is now more understandable; whereas in the snes version, it often didn't make much sense and I believe certain texts have been censored from the original intent of the Japanese version.

From what I hear, there are only two FMVs in the entire game, which is dissapointing. (I just hope Anthology will have a bit more.) On a side note, the slowdown is not bad at all; you just encounter it when saving your game -- which is like any PSX game.

I haven't started on Chrono Trigger yet, but I heard good things about the extras included in this remake, so I'm looking forward to that. Seems they have some anime-like cut-scenes which judging from the picture, looks great.

As for Xenogears, I haven't even opened the package. :) In fact, as mentioned earlier, I have never had the chance to play this game. I just hope I'll enjoy it as much as those who talk highly of this title.