What does the does the next few years bring to the EMULATION

XXLEnigma

These past few months the emulation scene has quietly made bounds and leaps compared to just last year at this time, we now have saturn emulation, and jaguar emulation that play many comerical games instead of say intros and clips of the game. So what do you think the next not so big, or big thing is in the nearer times of emulation???

Hey enigma i read correctly you said working saturn emulator, will it run on xp?

Is it a hard emulator to get running?

Does it read the discs or roms?

OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY!! Were[please]

As far as future emulation is conserned, i have no idea i belive it should be x box just to slap microsoft around the little hoes, they recently bought out rare and are planning to buy out capcom all there going to do if anything is make games a worser thing.

These past few months the emulation scene has quietly made bounds and leaps compared to just last year at this time

yah, dude, tell me about it. its crazy how much the scene has grown just in popularity alone. forgive me for using another forum as an example, but, lets say for instance, the A@H forums. ive personally been a member there for a few years now, and i remember going there and finding myself all alone. now, there's like, a million people there 24/7. but, anyway, i think its just going to keep on growing. now, is this a good thing? some say no, some say yes. the more people that enter the scene, the faster things will move along i think. meaning, more emulated systems, previously nonexistent, and so on. but also, the more people, the bigger the risk of it all maybe coming to an end. i, personally, dont think that could or will happen. you know what they say, "Good things never die." eventually, the ps2, then maybe the x-box, and who knows, maybe in a gallaxy far far away, the gamecube may become emulated aswell. it will just take time, which i think is on our side.:cool:

Hey enigma i read correctly you said working saturn emulator, will it run on xp?

Is it a hard emulator to get running?

Does it read the discs or roms?

OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY!! Were[please]

As far as future emulation is conserned, i have no idea i belive it should be x box just to slap microsoft around the little hoes, they recently bought out rare and are planning to buy out capcom all there going to do if anything is make games a worser thing.

Yup you heard right I bet you a year from now you will be able to play all the saturn games as isos or cd. Heres the link and some info. ENJOY.

This is one of the best Sega Saturn emulators available on the net. It can run many games.

SATURN EMULATOR HERE

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

On WinXP, the new hacked version of Girigiri, doesn´t let you play games from the CDs.

The recommended for the emulator is a P4 2.4GHz, 512 RAM and at least a GeForce 4 (?).

As for future, well Dreamcast!! But that is not reaaly a future emu, but already shows a great priogress in the last months.

Maybe there will be a release on the end of this year (I Hope)

The other one I look forward is the PS2. It seems going very nicely. :jawb:

I would give it 4 years to start to play games

• 1 month later...

i'm looking forward to a good dc emulator too.

in the meantime, my dc will do. :lol:

The way forward is the xbox though, or its successor(s).

Sure, there are far more emulators for pc, and pcs are faster, but having thousands of games on your xbox's hard drive is brilliant. Only prob is that it isn't powerful enough for some emus. Xbox 2 will change that hopefully.

One thing i'm not sure about though, is the current generation of consoles.

dvd9 and crazy GC mini-backwards dvds are gonna pose problems in the future.

Now all we need is a faster gp32 or similar, for the emu-maniacs wanting to go mobile - that's the way forward too.

One word---Saturn.

Thats what i would like to see 100% emulated.

But chances are very very slim we will even get anythiung near that ever.

One thing people who emualte should nver do is decide to pull the plug on a very good emulator...Project 64 ring a bell what was the point...