music quality in downloaded games

also, on the subject of sa1 and sa2, is it common for backup games to have problems (freezing up or some really odd glitch) in certain areas? cuz i was playing sa today and got to the icecap area with sonic and when i got to the avalanche section, the camera got stuck in one postion, the timer stopped, and everything else seemed to continue. i pressed A+B+X+Y and it went back to the main menu. so far i havent seen any other spot with this problem.

No, it's not common to do that, I have quite a lot of DC backups and I never experience any freezing. It could be a problem with your DC, or with the game you burned (bad media, high burn speed etc.). I'd burn it again on good cdr's at low speed if it keeps happening.

well, if i remember correctly i used discjuggler for that burn, it wasnt registered so it was burnt at 4x. and it was on 80min, 700MB Staples brand cdr's. so far ive been using staples cdr's for all of my dc burns and so far its been 4x on dj and 8x on nero 5.5. this is the only one having the problem. im gonna try wiping off the cd to see if maybe it was a smudge or something causing it. if that dont help ill try re-burning it.

i dont know. maybe be just my tv. its not crappy persay, just the speakers. problem is those i have my old (but very good) computer speakers directly connected to my cable box (digital) and my DC directly connects to my TV so the only way i can get the good computer speakers working on the DC is to hook them into the heaphone jack and i dont have a patch cord to go from the speakers to tv. but i do have some good headphones and ill use them to check.

main reason for this whole mess with the music quality is cuz after playing sa2 and listening to the music in the game, i searched online for the soundtrack and found pretty much the whole set. and the songs i have actually payed attention to (escape from the city & my sweet passion), their soundtrack counterparts are like awesome quality. even though the game versions arent meant to be the exact same, they shouldnt sound like crappy phone quality either. but again, it may be my tv and ill check it to see if im right. sa2 is an echleon rip, i know cuz the intro comes up when loaded. sa1 i dont know.

one tip of advice

STAY AWAY FROM IMATION CDS!!!!

They used to be very good, but not for the DC no more!!! They use a new kind of formula in their CDs that is SO THICK that its almost a CD-RW, It takes all three of my (opened) DCs like 2-8 tries to get anything to boot off those damn things

Stick with memorex, they work awsome and their cheap too...also their durable (unless you apply quick snaps of pressure to the top....i do alot of experimenting)

i have SA1 and 2 originals and Rips and the sound is fine on both, i think your CDs are crap, i dont trust store brands at all, it could be your images though....

i have a 24 inch VGA monitor with a adaptor doohicky going to my stereo and its pretty sweet

now that im too tired to remember what i was going to say after this, and probably too tired to say anything else even slightly intelligent, im gonna go, ill be back tomorrow i think

yeah. i know. i used to have a mess of memorex cd's which were really good. but i ran out. but the staples cd's are pretty much the same. the bottom side is pretty much identical to the memorex cd's. plus these staples cdr's come with the jewel cases so thats a plus.

i still havent been able to check it with my headphones to see if maybe its my tv or not. when i get home ill be able to try though.

Edited by Vchat20