SNK's new Games+Hardware -BIG POST-

Tatsuya

besides, if snk turn 3d, who will we have left for quality 2d gaming?

No i don't mean about going 3d ( i wouldn't mind a 3d game along with their 2d games), i too hope they stay 2d forever, but it sure would be nice to see higher res games and cleaner gfx in the games.

Edited by zero129

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seriously,

what's wrong with garou's graphics?

they were great..

i for one am not really a fan of the super high res look of a game like guilty gear.

i don't hate it, but i don't love it.

i wouldn't buy the game based on that.

but seriously though, you say you wouldn't mind a 3d snk game...

but:

compare

fatal fury wild ambition to garou mark of the wolves

compare samurai showdown 4 with samurai showdown 64.

Still to this day, I find Garou to be the most graphically impressive fighting game on the Neo-Geo...

If a shooter would be in question, I think Blazing Star would win that.

actually, there's alot more possible on the ancient neogeo software than people think.

it's not really the hardware, it's how you use it.

(have you realized that from like kof96 upwards, it's been almost impossible to have a perfect home replica until the newest gen consoles came out?)

I would say Garou is the most graphical intense game on the Neo-Geo system today. Rage of the Dragons did that too, but compared to MotW, its just insane.

agozer i think art of fighting 3 would take the crown of being the most impressive titles on neo geo in terms of graphics plus its even older than garou but unfortuatly accompanied by a crappy gameplay engine thats awkward unlike garou which is bliss.

AOF3 beats Garou in the graphics department? Hardly. But it's my opinion.

garou gfx aren´t bad, in fact the drawings are cool BUT THE EFFECTS DON´T MATCH WITH CHARS AND BG SO THE RESUL IS GFX WITH A HORRIBLE SENSE OF TASTE...... like iwth many of the latest games like rotd, and stuff

gfx like the ones on kof or art of fighting 3 are outstanding and even with limitted hardware they are superior for example to the ones by capcom, the secret? gr8 artists

i also want to say that i don´t like much the latest artworks in the kof series, the ones in kof96 for example were gr8 wish the new artworks would be as gr7 as those

Edited by alexis

seriously,

what's wrong with garou's graphics?

they were great..

i for one am not really a fan of the super high res look of a game like guilty gear.

i don't hate it, but i don't love it.

i wouldn't buy the game based on that.

but seriously though, you say you wouldn't mind a 3d snk game...

but:

compare

fatal fury wild ambition to garou mark of the wolves

compare samurai showdown 4 with samurai showdown 64.

I think your reading into my post all wrong, that or im reading into yours wrong :(, anyway i never said the was anything wrong with garou's graphics, they are great, and i also wouldn't buy a game on looks alone too (if that was the case i wouldn't be even playing neogeo games or here on an emulation board), i just think it will be sad to see no more games on the neogeo, but it will also be a good thing for snk to move on to more powerfull hardware, you cant stick with the same old thing forever, and i never played any of snk's other 3d games so i wouldn't know how bad or good they where, now i do like higher res gfx, and i think snk's 2d games will look great with a higher res, but thats just my opinion.